TTORA Forum banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
225k and running strong. Like most guys, I'd say preventative maintenance has been key. I run fully synthetic oil and change it every 5-6000 miles or so depending on if it was a road trip or city driving.

I've replaced the timing belt at two different intervals and the water pump at the last timing belt change. Had to replace the ball joints at 200k so I replaced the wheel bearings, tie rod ends, steering links and did a poly bush kit too.

This 3.4 motor is nearly bomb proof. By far the best vehicle I've ever owned or driven.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
155,000 miles on my 03. Still haven't done the timingbelt or waterpump. :eek:

I've replaced the p/s pump, clutch, fly wheel, plugs/wires, belts and oil every 5k.

None the less I've seen alot of 3.4 tacomas with 250,000 miles and still bein' dirvin' hard

·
Registered
325 Posts
155,000 miles on my 03. Still haven't done the timingbelt or waterpump. :eek:

I've replaced the p/s pump, clutch, fly wheel, plugs/wires, belts and oil every 5k.

None the less I've seen alot of 3.4 tacomas with 250,000 miles and still bein' dirvin' hard
sounds expensive :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
155k on my 04. Did the timing belt & water pump at 100k, all other regular maintenance at normal intervals, clutch replacement at 125k (bad pivot bearing). My only issue is the front diff seems to be grumbling at low speeds, think its the driver's side bearing. Browsing around here for a used one possibly.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought mine with 150k and it started making belt noise recently. Yea sooo I just replace my water pump and timing belt at 181k. No record of it ever being done before. The yota brand fluid turns into a cottage cheese looking substance when it leaks out:eek:.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My foreman at work has a 97 with 330,000 miles with never a major issue. I sold a 3.4 Tacoma with 150k and also never had a major problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
152K on mine, never an issue. Routine maint & compression done last oil change; almost perfect all the way through. Just need an AC recharge. Gone thru 4' Utah powder, Pismo & Big Bear trails. No rust either

*I do use mid(89) octane & STP gas treatment once a month & change oil 5-6K.*

·
Registered
394 Posts
My water pump has some wobble to it and needs to get replaced ASAP. I'm intimidated though because I've never done it before and it seems like a tight squeeze up in there. I remember saying the same thing about my first girlfriend though, and I got over that real quick so maybe I'll step it up and try it.
Lol I just have to say. This is the best piece of motivational speech I have ever read.

·
Registered
17 Posts

My 04 just hit 185k. timing and water done at 100k. 1 clutch. brakes. and now the carrier bearing. Its never left me stranded anywere. its my weekend ride so its all abusive "baja" miles. I love my truck:D

·
Registered
556 Posts
At about 175,000 and no major problems. I fully expect to see 300,000. If the engine/transmission ever does fail I will just throw a new one in. Frame has been reinforced to take a small collision in the rear. I do all my own maintenance and use Toyota parts and synthetic oils.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
140,000 about.

Timing belt/water pump at 110,000

2 CVs

1 Clutch

1 A/F sensor

1 set plugs and wires

1 IAC

1 FLOOD:mad:

I'll never sell it:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im at 201,682kms and no real fixes except for oil and brake changes. Timing belt and pump are still original. Runs strong. I plan on doing the belts soon tho....but I have said that for three years.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts