TTORA Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2.4/2.7L Toyota engines are known for their extreme longevity, and there are even some reports on here of 3.0L V6's pushing over 250k. After hitting 150k today in my truck, I am curious how much longer other 3.4L's have gone without being rebuilt. I drive the shit out of my truck, about 3k a month and it still feels as strong as the day I bought it at 92k. Should I start saving up now for a rebuild?
I'm new to the 5vz family and maaaan. These things are truly an engineering marvel. Non interference belt driven nice torque having machines. Nothing bad to say about them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have almost 320k miles on my 2001 4Runner. Needs things like a new timing belt/water pump, new radiator, and cat converters. Other than that, I’ve had the valve cover gaskets replaced. It’s starting to leak a little oil, but I think I can live with that

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 02 V6 4x4 TRD has the original clutch, timing belt and water pump in it at 212k miles(probably higher due to changing tires to 285/75r16 after stock 265/70/r16 wore out at 35k miles). I admit i haven't been great on those things (changed oil every 10k with syn mobile 1), will be changing the clutch, headers(PS leak under load) and rest of exhaust system when I change it.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts