1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looks like a good time. Wish I would have made it :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm uploading the pictures Jillian took right now. Taking some time. Can't believe I smashed that tree lol.

Side note: When we left Pierson Park to get back onto HWY 7, does anyone remember the brush fire truck that turned on its lights and sirens? Well that was apparently heading to a fire in Estes Park that burned 22 structures. Yup. Was about 4 miles from where we were camping. Apparently, they diverted assets from Ft Collins to douse it right away.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm uploading the pictures Jillian took right now. Taking some time. Can't believe I smashed that tree lol.

Side note: When we left Pierson Park to get back onto HWY 7, does anyone remember the brush fire truck that turned on its lights and sirens? Well that was apparently heading to a fire in Estes Park that burned 22 structures. Yup. Was about 4 miles from where we were camping. Apparently, they diverted assets from Ft Collins to douse it right away.
Yes, that's what Denise thought when we saw it also. I can't believe how much of Colorado is burning right now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
These are in no specfic order....

T-33A

Rock Creek. This is know. Jillian and I agreed this is the first AND LAST time we take this trail!

Great views coming from Pierson Park!

Davestaco (err Denises4runner? lol)

Yan:

Theres some more photos here, as well as stuff from our drive back.

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/brianlarue/

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
How was Rock creek? It sounds like some are not fans? I have wanted to check it out but never remember it when we go.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How was Rock creek? It sounds like some are not fans? I have wanted to check it out but never remember it when we go.
Rock Creek was not difficult, just really, REALLY, REALLY, bumpy! I didn't see much in the way of a view because the trees were too thick.

Not sure how it got a TrailDamage rating of 4.

There was another branch on that trail, on the way up, and perhaps that might have been where the fun TrailDamage 4 stuff was at. But we didn't go down that branch.

After the disappointing and tenderizing ride up, we were pretty much done with Rock Creek and were ready for T-33A.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The fire in Estes was on the west aide of the town. One of the pictures in the album is from when we passed it going back to our campsite. It speed pretty quick I guess. Glad they got resources from High Park to put it out.

Rock Creek was nothing special. Jillian got chafed pretty bad from the seat belt. There were stock 4wd vehicles all the way up the trail. Views would have been great, if it had not been for the thick trees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts