TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
no body makes a 6" bedside for the pre 05 taco ask prerunnerguy he had his bedsides flared out more

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt want to build up an ext cab for the slight chance that I have kids and I have to get rid of it to cart them around. Ive seen too many trucks for sale for that reason plus itll be sick to take friends out. Its still going to be my DD

·
Registered
720 Posts
Assuming you're not using the stock bed or wheel base, couldn't you just use the bed sides for an extra cab?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assuming you're not using the stock bed or wheel base, couldn't you just use the bed sides for an extra cab?
I wanna keep my bed. My plan is to build the truck up while keeping it as functional as possible. I use the bed every once in a while for work so id at least like to be able to fit a pallet in there

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wanna keep my bed. My plan is to build the truck up while keeping it as functional as possible. I use the bed every once in a while for work so id at least like to be able to fit a pallet in there
Never mind what I just said, I thought you were looking 6 FOOT bed sides, not 6 inch. I'm an ass.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
or you can do something that i'm planning on doing. i'm gonna put the 6ft bed on and extend my wheelbase when i'm linking it and then you can install the wider flares bedsides from the regular 6ft beds

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind what I just said, I thought you were looking 6 FOOT bed sides, not 6 inch. I'm an ass.
Ha no worries

or you can do something that i'm planning on doing. i'm gonna put the 6ft bed on and extend my wheelbase when i'm linking it and then you can install the wider flares bedsides from the regular 6ft beds
Thats a pretty sweet idea but I like to do crawling every once in awhile so the longer wheelbase would cut down my agility. I was thinking of spraying my bedside with expanding foam then sand and shape it to the right bulge and use it as a mold to laydown fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet idea but I like to do crawling every once in awhile so the longer wheelbase would cut down my agility. I was thinking of spraying my bedside with expanding foam then sand and shape it to the right bulge and use it as a mold to laydown fiberglass.
you can do that. that would be pretty nice

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just took the glassworks ones and had a local guy cut them up and put more flare into them, then took the and had them regalss the gaps.

after

you could always try buying the regular 6" tacoma bedsides and cutting them down to fit.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I like this idea. Im going to make a build thread on my truck and let you know how it turns out. Thanks
If anything happens to bedsides I think I will do the same thing. It gets pretty spendy buying bedsides, then paying someone to add more flare to them, and then getting
them reglassed..

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just talked to Tim at glassworks he is in the process of making a 6" flare for the 04 and earlier D-cabs he needs a total of 5 orders right now he has 3 so if you want a set contact him and get on the list.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would like to see some 6" flair bedsides on a ext. cab tacoma
http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/19to20totabe1.html
Those are pretty common. What year is it?

I just talked to Tim at glassworks he is in the process of making a 6" flare for the 04 and earlier D-cabs he needs a total of 5 orders right now he has 3 so if you want a set contact him and get on the list.
Nice, Good work. He didn't seem too enthused when I talked to him. Ill shoot him an email. Glassworks is legit

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hey guys, just a quick update on the Quad cab 6" bedsides, we have started to work on them and should be finished in about 3 weeks if all goes to plan. I will keep you posted.
i guess i'll have to stop by when u have them finished tim to see if they'll cover my tires with the t100 axle

1 - 20 of 94 Posts