TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I had the ProComp brake line extensions and do not recall any rerouting. You can get them from anyone who carries ProComp like 4WP. However, the quality is not as good as some of the others out there. ProComp uses those big square suckey type banjos that like to be eaten by coilovers. They got me into a pretty nasty prediciment once. I think some other companies make extensions with the lower profile banjos. I suggest you look for those if you wheel your truck hard and intend to fully stuff the front tires on occasion.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yep, that looks like the ProComp kit. I can tell by the crappy banjo fittings. Don't know about Russell preformane but just key in on the banjo fittings unless you're SASed then it doesn't matter. In fact the ProComp actully worked out for me in that respect. All I had to do was drill them out a tad for the 1/2 ton K series Chevy calipers that I used for the SAS. In that case having the extra meat in the banjo fittings was a good thing. They just suck for IFS.

931 Posts
02taco4x4 said:
On the 6" FT it requires you to re-route the brake line. Has any one used the extended brake line kit from pro comp? If so do you know how much it cost/where to get it....just call pro comp?

BTW, this is where I got the idea http://www.dorianjepsen.com/tacoma/suspensionlift/06.php
Just dont run them if you ever want coilovers!

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/frontbrakelinefailure/linefailure.htm

And new lines:
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/customfrontbrakelines/customfrontbrakelines.htm

To order the new lines:
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/customfrontbrakelines/order.htm

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
02taco4x4 said:
On the 6" FT it requires you to re-route the brake line. Has any one used the extended brake line kit from pro comp? If so do you know how much it cost/where to get it....just call pro comp?

BTW, this is where I got the idea http://www.dorianjepsen.com/tacoma/suspensionlift/06.php

I got custom made SS lines from crownperformance.com They are 8" longer than stock and cost just under 100 bucks shipped. Also, they use a good quality banjo on the end that wonr interfere with anything.

931 Posts
joeylead said:
I got custom made SS lines from crownperformance.com They are 8" longer than stock and cost just under 100 bucks shipped. Also, they use a good quality banjo on the end that wonr interfere with anything.
$100? Ouch. The lines that I got were $20 each. (see links in above post)

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
$100? Ouch. The lines that I got were $20 each. (see links in above post)
I found that crown performace had better customer service. I tryed to get brake lines from the place that did yours and they dont sell rear lines and they told me to e-mail them and I never heard from them again. The other nice thing is that they have the feature on the brake line that bolts to the steering knuckle

931 Posts
ptrautne said:
I found that crown performace had better customer service. I tryed to get brake lines from the place that did yours and they dont sell rear lines and they told me to e-mail them and I never heard from them again. The other nice thing is that they have the feature on the brake line that bolts to the steering knuckle
They didnt tell me they could not do rear brake lines... I agree though, if they dont respond I know how you feel. You can only do so much!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ptrautne said:

did you have to tell them about the steering knuckle attatchment? Mine came without one, but I just put zip ties to keep the lines off the tires.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
did you have to tell them about the steering knuckle attatchment? Mine came without one, but I just put zip ties to keep the lines off the tires.
No they called me and asked if I wanted it on the line. They said that their book said to put one on the line.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the pro comp kit with my fabtech and its been good so far.

But in reference to not using them with coilovers. Is this something that conflicts trucks with ABS? I don't know if the calipers differ much between ABS and Std. But my 98 does'nt have ABS and I've yet to notice contact with the coilovers. And I've been stuffing the tires hard -in fact I've been doing everything in my ability to increase uptravel with the fabtech 6.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
muddypenguin said:
I have the pro comp kit with my fabtech and its been good so far.

But in reference to not using them with coilovers. Is this something that conflicts trucks with ABS? I don't know if the calipers differ much between ABS and Std. But my 98 does'nt have ABS and I've yet to notice contact with the coilovers. And I've been stuffing the tires hard -in fact I've been doing everything in my ability to increase uptravel with the fabtech 6.
If you turn all the way to the one side, it should look like this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts