TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i see people with their tacos that have a 6" fabtech lift..i must be retarded or something because i cant seem to find a 6" fabtech lift for tacoma..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
cauch235 said:
does it have to be a 4x4 to get the 6inch fabtech?
Since I have recently installed it on my truck, I dont see why it wouldnt work on a pre-runner as well. I am assuming that the steering knuckles are basically the same as that would be the only real difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hello I’m also a newbie and I have been surfing around to see the different lift options, they all have drawbacks other than price tag. Question to those who have the drop down suspension kit, does cutting out part of the frame effect rigidity (weaken the front suspension or frame stiffness somewhat) has anyone had a problems or noticed anything quirky, had alignment trouble etc. I know I’m about a month late and a dollar short but give me time please.
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
shredhead said:
Hello I’m also a newbie and I have been surfing around to see the different lift options, they all have drawbacks other than price tag. Question to those who have the drop down suspension kit, does cutting out part of the frame effect rigidity (weaken the front suspension or frame stiffness somewhat) has anyone had a problems or noticed anything quirky, had alignment trouble etc. I know I’m about a month late and a dollar short but give me time please.
It's not just cutting out a crossmember and not replacing it. The Fabtech kit includes a new crossmember, so rigidity is not necessarily compromised. If anything, I'd venture to guess the fabtech crossmember may even make it more rigid. But that's just a guess.
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
synovus said:
It's not just cutting out a crossmember and not replacing it. The Fabtech kit includes a new crossmember, so rigidity is not necessarily compromised. If anything, I'd venture to guess the fabtech crossmember may even make it more rigid. But that's just a guess.
I second your comment. Here is a picture of the fabtech steering
knuckle next to thr stock one, and it looks a hell of a lot more rigid. I am sure the xmember is just as rigid.

http://www.dorianjepsen.com/tacoma/suspensionlift/26.php
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Yeah, the fabtech parts are pretty stout. The only warning I have is that one half of the fabtech lift is backordered right now so don't be surprised if you get half of your lift and have to wait a month for the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
SSSUPRA said:
Yeah, the fabtech parts are pretty stout. The only warning I have is that one half of the fabtech lift is backordered right now so don't be surprised if you get half of your lift and have to wait a month for the rest.
You have to be kidding... I wanted to order one this week... ARGH...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Thanx for the reply guys, gives me more to think about when I finally do my lift. I’m taking it that no one has had a problem with there fabtech or tuff country lift. Do these lifts work with donahoe, Cambridge etc suspension's control arms etc, thanx again for your input.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49 Posts
Packoo said:
You have to be kidding... I wanted to order one this week... ARGH...
hey, call aound before you order, i have been waiting since late october for the whole kit, due to the front spindles are backorder and then FT has to mill them to fit the hubs, aleast that is what i was told by FT. :welder:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
JRunner01
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top