TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Phil88 said:
9 inches and 35s? theres no way i could do that, ive layed my truck on its side once, no tellin how many times i would with more lift
it doesn't have to be a 3"...i thinking that's what you meant when you said 9" total...2" or even 1" will give a good amount of clearance..but that's just me... :D

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
i assume you are rubbing on the pinch weld. Have your alignment shop alighn your tires forward a bit. or cut more. Till you stop.

I will eventually be running 35's and 4.5" of lift, with the right alighnment and just enough cutting I won't rub much if at all.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
i assume you are rubbing on the pinch weld. Have your alignment shop alighn your tires forward a bit. or cut more. Till you stop.

I will eventually be running 35's and 4.5" of lift, with the right alighnment and just enough cutting I won't rub much if at all.
lol goodluck

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
socaltacoma said:
My tires still rub when I offroad. I trimmed a piece off but it still rubs. Should I trim more? I have a 01. bfg mud and 6inch fab.

Cut more shit off :xpimp: , i ran 36" TSL's with around 4 1/2 before i did the swap with very very little rubbing offroad.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Phil88 said:
lol goodluck
I have personnaly been in a truck with the same setup runs 35's rubs on the frame only but thats becasue of the offset of the wheels. It can be done!

:)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
socaltacoma said:
My tires still rub when I offroad. I trimmed a piece off but it still rubs. Should I trim more? I have a 01. bfg mud and 6inch fab.
I have 9" lift and 35's. I have plenty of clearance up front (altough i do rub in the back). You could get away with a 2" BL no prob and prob a 1" would work with a little less cutting. Besides, a 1" BL supposedly isnt all that difficult.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had 6" t/m lift and 35x14.50 x15 on 15x10 rims baja belteds. Hit pretty bad I went up to 9" and still bumped from time to time offroad. Broke the back side of pass. side front fender flare. What is the backspacing on your rims and is it a 35x12.50? Are you using spacers behind your rims?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I've got 33x12.5's w/ 3.5" of lift on my 98 and i only rub if i wheel it HARD and rough, i dont rub when i'm on the rocks. :xdevil: So i'd imagine 35's w/6" would be fine and dandy.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
KStacoma said:
I've got 33x12.5's w/ 3.5" of lift on my 98 and i only rub if i wheel it HARD and rough, i dont rub when i'm on the rocks. :xdevil: So i'd imagine 35's w/6" would be fine and dandy.
FT6" lift w/OME 881's, Alcan 6" leaf apck w/extra 500# capacity & CF 2" shackles plus 3" B/L- I rub 35's all day long in the rocks.

You don't wheel hard enough! :)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
socaltacoma said:
6" and 35s = rubbing plain and simple.

want to completely clear them? 8-9" minimum.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts