1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Why not just do 35's?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
when i have a 3" with 285s they rubbed pretty bad in teh front. now with 5" they are perfect. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
394 Posts
no need for that much lift if you are going to do 33"s

·
Registered
495 Posts
To many fucking dumbass people on this board.

I had a 3" body lift and a 3" toytec lift, under 400 bucks total. Thus you can get 6"s and it WILL be cheap.

I ran 33" tires and it was fine for offroading, infact I would prefer even a slightly higher lift in the front. With that lift adn tire size you can fully stuff in the rear WITHOUT cutting anything. The front MAY rub as it did in my case on the pinch weld even with beating the hell outa it.

If you run a 35" tire with CVs prepare to change them, its a fact 33" tires are ok but some people break them, as I di (2 on the trail and a number of boots on the street). In addition to that with 35" tires with 6" of lift you will need to cut for clearance on your truck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
5" TC lift. Rear still has the poser blocks, but I've got the Downey 1.5" shackles installed in preparation for springs when I can afford them (about 5.5" lift in rear as-is). 305/70R16 tires.

FYI - I'm pulling the Chevy backwards! NOT being pulled...Geesh! :xpimp:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
mine is a 3" toytec and a 2" RB body lift. 285s and a 3" lift is worthelss unless you want to beat your pinch weld and/or trim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was planning on a 3+3. But is it going to look ridiculous with 33's? I really don't want to regear wit 35's, though they would be very nice.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
go with 5" then. 5" and 33"s looks awesome

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
just do 3" with 33s

little:saw: and:welder: and a bfh and youll be golden

:2cents:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts