TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week my new 2012 Tacoma 6 speed V6 TRD Off Road will arrive and I will take delivery. Woohoo!

Anyways, question, I'm looking at having the Toyota Quick Shifter installed.
Anyone here have experience with using this shifter? OR have an opinion on them?

"TRD Tacoma Quickshifter for 4WD 4.0L V6 with 6-speed manual transmission. TRD Quickshifters deliver, faster, positive shifting. Repositioned pivot points provides a 30% shorter shift throw."

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Ask Teryx. He has one I think. He is also very knowledgable and will give you good info, not just "I like it."

I have thought about the URD model for my 5 speed and wouldn't buy any other. Would it void your warranty though?

If you search there are some threads on this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had URD's short shift kit in my 07 6 speed for 75k miles now and I wouldn't have it any other way. It gives a nice feel and reduces the throw to what i feel is a perfect amount. Also took out some of the notchiness of the 2-3 shift. The only downfall I can think of is the increased effort to shift into reverse, but after a week or two of getting used to it I was able to pull it into reverse as easy as the stock shifter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was somewhat of a dumb question before I really cracked into it haha. The locator rings come out very easily on transmission. I had to remove to make way for the new spacer plate. Then you can put the removed locator rings on top of the spacer plate. Locator pin Toyota part number is 90253-11021 if anybody needs new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts