TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How wide are the chebby leafs? Same width as stock taco ones? wider? I'm only looking for an inch, maybe 2" of lift out of this swap. Was thinking of using 2 leafs and the stock taco overload. Opinons?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
chevy leafs are wider than taco's and require new spring hangers etc. Most people get closer to 5" of lift from these springs. Deaver has a 3 leaf add on to the stock springs that would get you around 2" of lift I think.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
x2. The Chevy's are wider than the Tacoma leafs (I think the Chevy's are 3" wide, but check the Pirate Chevy swap FAQ for verification). Additionally, they'll give you considerably more than 1"-2" of lift, even removing an overload or trying to run only a couple leaves (which I would strongly advise against). I removed the Chevy overload (which left me with the 3 main leaves) and still got around 4"-5" of lift.

For your stated lift needs, and although they're more expensive, I would recommend Wheeler's 5-leaf packs or a set of Deaver 8-leafs.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
3" wide.
For what you want just cut up some old taco leaves and do that "mod".
Hell of alot easier to cut up old leaves than it is to weld in new hangers, etc. anyways.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
if your only going to run 2 leaves, definetly get a traction bar. but paulw is running chevies and his front end is only lifted 2.5". i can't remember what he is getting out of his rear, but he does have a campershell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts