TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to hack off my stock shit and put the chevies on.... a few questions.

First, I've seen on here where others have moved the front spring hanger forward 7" to make up the difference in length between the chevies (63") and the stockers (56"). Shouldn't I split that difference to keep the axle in the same spot? Here's my thinking, and I'm probably wrong, but....I plan on measuring from the centering pin to the front hanger on my stock springs, and the centering pin to hanger on my chevies, seeing what the difference is and then moving the front hanger that distance.

And then on the rear hanger, could I mount some 2" square tube on the bottom of the frame rail, and then mount my shackle mount on top of that,basically drop the mount down 2"? Or will that completely fuck my rear pinion angle? I'm just thinking of ways to avoid running a 12" shackle.

If it matters I have the sky chevy hangin kit.

--Scott

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
The pin is in the very center of the chevys as opposed to the offset toy springs. I think I mounted mine 8 inches forward of stock. Dick has a setup similar to what you described where he lowered his shackle hangers.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Just measure from the front eye to the pin. That is still the center as far as the axle is concerned. Then measure the chevy's the same way. Do the math and move the front mount forward.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I got mixed impressions from 7.5 and 7.75 so I went with 7 5/8's and my 35's stuff pretty much dead ass center of the wheel well.
25" frame height in front of the hangers with cut overload (3/4 block) and 8" eye to eye shackles. I'm dropping it down though- 5" eye to eye shackle would be pretty ok for my current front setup.
~23.5" at frame behind front body mount.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks gentlemen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts