TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be better in your opinion?
Ride quality, cost and flex are the main issues. I will be having the work done at a local shop, so from what I can tell it's going to cost about the same either way. I have a Fabtech 6" installed and need to get 6" of rear lift.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm no expert on the 63" Chevy's but I think they only give you like 2".....a custom pack can give you whatever lift you want...Or rebuild your current pack by adding 2 cut-down stock leafs from another set and a cut-down aal, that and a small shackle will get you there i think.....the rebuilt packs are supposed to give 4" over stock...i think. you can read about it on mor4wd.com in the mods section

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Gamblur said:
What would be better in your opinion?
Ride quality, cost and flex are the main issues. I will be having the work done at a local shop, so from what I can tell it's going to cost about the same either way. I have a Fabtech 6" installed and need to get 6" of rear lift.
I did the chevys for price reasons but they also ride and flex very well

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Gamblur said:
what size shackles did you go with to get the rear level with your fabtech 6"?
6" eye to eye will get you about even in the back. I have a 9" eye to eye shackle and I am even with ~ 7" of lift

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
stevet47 said:
I'm no expert on the 63" Chevy's but I think they only give you like 2".....a custom pack can give you whatever lift you want...Or rebuild your current pack by adding 2 cut-down stock leafs from another set and a cut-down aal, that and a small shackle will get you there i think.....the rebuilt packs are supposed to give 4" over stock...i think. you can read about it on mor4wd.com in the mods section

I love when people like you give opinions. :D

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
stevet47 said:
I'm no expert on the 63" Chevy's

Oh no... I know what's coming up next... :rolleyes:

stevet47 said:
but I think they only give you like 2".....a custom pack can give you whatever lift you want...Or rebuild your current pack by adding 2 cut-down stock leafs from another set and a cut-down aal, that and a small shackle will get you there i think.....the rebuilt packs are supposed to give 4" over stock...i think. you can read about it on mor4wd.com in the mods section

When you are looking for 2" of lift in the rear, put in a set of 63" chebbies and see how much you get. :bitchslap

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oppositeboy said:
Oh no... I know what's coming up next... :rolleyes:

When you are looking for 2" of lift in the rear, put in a set of 63" chebbies and see how much you get. :bitchslap
Do we still need to use blocks. If so where do we get these blocks from?

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
4xbrian said:
Did you relocate the shackle or do the double shackle setup?
I just used a longer then stock shackle. No need to relocate the rear shackle mount. To get a better shackle angle I could move the rear shackle 2-3 inches but I also have a 9" eye to eye shackle. If you use a 5-7" eye to eye shackle your angle should be fine.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My question is, with the Chevies, do I still need blocks? I have a Fabtech and wanting to get rid of the blocks. I have read some people use CHevies and still have to use blocks to get the lift they want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts