TTORA Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey andy...do you have Jeremy's contact info? I think his wife was taking vids and pics and she said she could send links to it all. I was supposed to give here my contact info at the end of the day but forgot.

If you have a way to contact them...let me know. PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
We know you're ignorant like that :D Just messin...family first. Understandable. Can't miss mother's b-day. That's just asking for trouble :)

Hopefully we all can get drunk during Takeover, and hopefully there's no burn ban...damn that sucked!!!!
I plan to be there just to help get the beer pong trophy back!

So.....how did the crawler work? :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I plan to be there just to help get the beer pong trophy back!

So.....how did the crawler work? :D
Exactly like you said. Basically just steer :) I love not having to work the clutch all fawking day. Night and day compared to not having a crawler. Bottom line...best money spent on truck so far.

Edit: Thank god I made a skid and x-member to protect it too :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good to see everyone, Chris glad you got the runner fixed up. Sunday we ended up running the new 20, new entrance to rock creek, otters, death trap, 11 wash out, and messed around on the comp coarse. Fuel pump shit the bed at the end of the day, and a 1 ton tre got broken in half. All in all a good day

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Good to see everyone, Chris glad you got the runner fixed up. Sunday we ended up running the new 20, new entrance to rock creek, otters, death trap, 11 wash out, and messed around on the comp coarse. Fuel pump shit the bed at the end of the day, and a 1 ton tre got broken in half. All in all a good day
You forgot Hills and Bowls and part of 13 because of the stupid...wait what kind of Js were those? :flipoff4:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Nice time. Good seeing everyone from OH again. Jed did a good job putting things together. I hadn't realized they weren't wheeling on Sunday. And no one at echo seemed to realize there was a burn ban in effect. She even screwed them on the fire wood.

Saturday I dropped the 3rd off for Chris then JT, Avy, Jeremy, Chad and I hit the trails. We ran in order tata's, 22, camel back, all 3 parts of snake bite, J, 11 and were going to cruse some roads but all 4 bolts fell out of Jeremy's lower ball joint. The other side was also missing 2 and the remaining 2 were half out and bent. A large hummer group stopped to help. Then a small jeep group came and was like can you move. Never even asked if we were ok. What dicks! Hummer group stayed for like 2 hrs!

Sunday Chris, mike and I ran 8, the power line to the bottom of the west side. The washout on 11 which sucks now 19abc 13b 14 12 abc then on the way out ran hills and bowls. And in the comp course gauntlet. I broke a tail light on yellow jacket when I got off my line and slid into a tree. Other then that everything was good. Hills and bowls wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I haven't run it in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Awesome Trip!
Thanks to the Ohio Guys for putting it together
It was great to catch up, hopefully next time I can stay and hang out a little longer.

Saturday I dropped the 3rd off for Chris then JT, Avy, Jeremy, Chad and I hit the trails. We ran in order tata's, 22, camel back, all 3 parts of snake bite, J, 11 and were going to cruse some roads but all 4 bolts fell out of Jeremy's lower ball joint. The other side was also missing 2 and the remaining 2 were half out and bent. A large hummer group stopped to help. Then a small jeep group came and was like can you move. Never even asked if we were ok. What dicks! Hummer group stayed for like 2 hrs!
It was defiantly and eventful day!
I can get use to this whole trail only rig idea, it was nice not worrying if Ill break something and not make it home lol! :rolleyes:

Stopped and watched some of the Comp going on, made it just in time to watch Erik roll.

That Hummer group was an awesome group of folks, stopped to help and did what they could go get us going again, especially the one guy with the Harbor Freight Tap and Die set, that defiantly came in handy!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Here is a link to the pictures Jeremy's wife took, I'll be getting the video she got a little later on this week hopefully:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jfgjyet6f77olas/VkhDU2bLDm

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Had a great time, so did Addy - she already has a list of things she wants to get done to the 4 Runner before the next time we go out :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Had a great time, so did Addy - she already has a list of things she wants to get done to the 4 Runner before the next time we go out :)
Ha! That's awesome!...."I want a cup holder I can reach, a hand warmer, my very own cb handle...oh and don't forget that solid axle daddy" :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Ha! That's awesome!...."I want a cup holder I can reach, a hand warmer, my very own cb handle...oh and don't forget that solid axle daddy" :D
Pretty much - she said a few times that she want to make it faster, that will likely happen after Takeover.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sunday we hit the trails about 9-9:30. Just me, Jordan and Trevor with the Ginger driving some of the way. Ginger managed to get a plastic sknned buggy high centered.

Ran Hill's and bowl's, Big rocks and fixed Trevor's stat(removed) and then all of trail 20both new and old. The first part of Rock creek, 13, Otter's out onto the creek where we ate lunch in the sun. Ran all of Deathtrap and out to 11 where I broke a TRE and my hydro ram around 2:30 I guess. Jordan and Red headed out to get me a TRE and me and Trevor removed my ram and plugged the box. While we waited we decide the use a trailer tie down to hold the steering together and see how far we get. Ened up pulling into the staging area as they got back with a TRE.

Trevor and Jordan went to play aorund while I loaded up. I walked over to find Jordans rig dead on the comp course with a bad fuel pump. We pulled him back and all hit the road.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I had a great time. I'm glad so many of you could make it out. I didn't realize it would be so crazy on Saturday. It would have been nice to meet up, but with like 300 rigs it was hard enough finding a place to park. I got my photos from Friday posted. Didn't get many on Sunday.

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/head125cc/slideshow/1984%20Toyota%20Pickup/2013-04-19%20Spring%20Fling

Our group had the following carnage:
- Chris blew ring and pinion in rear first thing Friday. Rode passenger for the day and thanks to Andy was able to get back on the trail Saturday.
- Terry broke a birf on Crawl Daddy Friday. Got it fixed and he wheeled all day Saturday.
- Pete broke a birf on Shoot the Moon end of day Saturday. Pulled the axle and limped to the trailer.
- Steve ripped a shock hoop off and broke a rear window in his blazer on Camelback Saturday.
- Todd managed to break his trailer. Good thing Brandon was there with his on-board welder.
- I just managed a couple more dents on the cab sides.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
About this Discussion
134 Replies
13 Participants
Full_Tilt_Fud
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing