TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can fit 6x9's in the rear doors of a double cab?
I have a 2001. If not is there any other options for 6x9's? I have a brand new pair sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Thanks, Jesse

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EVOM1 said:
I don't think so with out modification?
Well thats what I was wondering, is there any write-ups on that mod? I dont think they fit stock, but I think I have seen a write-up on it before just dont remember where...

·
Registered
269 Posts
1noobie said:
Well thats what I was wondering, is there any write-ups on that mod? I dont think they fit stock, but I think I have seen a write-up on it before just dont remember where...
Why would you want to go through the hassle? If I remember correctly, my rear doors had 5x7s in them. 6x9s don't sound any better, they are there for fitment reasons. Sell them and get you the correct size.

On other hand, if you REALLY want to do the mod, just trim out the sheet metal to the correct size. I would just take black marker and use that as an outline on the sheetmetal before cutting it. Hopefully the 6x9 won't be too deep, or you'll end up going through more headaches than its worth.

Good luck.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NisAznMonk said:
Why would you want to go through the hassle? If I remember correctly, my rear doors had 5x7s in them. 6x9s don't sound any better, they are there for fitment reasons. Sell them and get you the correct size.

On other hand, if you REALLY want to do the mod, just trim out the sheet metal to the correct size. I would just take black marker and use that as an outline on the sheetmetal before cutting it. Hopefully the 6x9 won't be too deep, or you'll end up going through more headaches than its worth.

Good luck.
Thanks bro. The 6x9's I have are 3 way and their pretty nice but I dont think I would get much for them so it would just be a loss for me and I cant afford new ones right now.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
1noobie said:
Woah, look at your member #!
hehehehe :xdevil: :xrocker:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1noobie said:
Does anybody know if you can fit 6x9's in the rear doors of a double cab?
I have a 2001. If not is there any other options for 6x9's? I have a brand new pair sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Thanks, Jesse
BUMP for a write up on this...

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
1noobie said:
BUMP for a write up on this...
do you need a write up to wipe your ass too?

haha

j/k

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
drabnor said:
do you need a write up to wipe your ass too?

haha

j/k
Damn you!! :stfu:
I need a write up on this, I know I have seen it before.
I think if I just find a spacer big enough or custom make one then it will work.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
1noobie said:
custom make one then it will work.
ding ding ding, we have a winner :bitchslap

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
1noobie said:
Bitch...Message too short WTF?

haha you have to have like 10 characters

supposedly it increases the content of the posts but i think its :bs:

step 1:go take your doors apart, measure the depth of your 6x9, roll the window down, then measure the depth that is available. if it fits, great, move on to step 2. if not, you are hosed.

step 2: trace outline of 6x9 on a peice of particleboard/plywood, cut it out. cut out, inside of the peice you have now untill you can fit the speaker in it.

step 3: cut out any sheetmetal that is in the way of the speaker

step 4: bolt the mother up and connect the wires

presto, custom made spacers for 6x9s in a doublecab :clap:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
drabnor said:
haha you have to have like 10 characters

supposedly it increases the content of the posts but i think its :bs:

step 1:go take your doors apart, measure the depth of your 6x9, roll the window down, then measure the depth that is available. if it fits, great, move on to step 2. if not, you are hosed.

step 2: trace outline of 6x9 on a peice of particleboard/plywood, cut it out. cut out, inside of the peice you have now untill you can fit the speaker in it.

step 3: cut out any sheetmetal that is in the way of the speaker

step 4: bolt the mother up and connect the wires

presto, custom made spacers for 6x9s in a doublecab :clap:
Alright tried it and it looked nice but I didn't want to cut up my panel so I just left it alone. :rolleyes:
I think I'll build a box that goes in the center behind the center console with cupholders...Maybe. I think I'm just bored and dont have any money LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
4 Participants
1noobie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing