TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that 89-95 pickups have an extended cab with two seats in the back. I'm interested in buying an early 80s toy. I've noticed from exterior pictures that the back windows on 80s extra cabs are much smaller than on a 90s pickup. Not that I use a truck for people wagon, but are there back seats in the old exra cabs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
they didn't start making the extended cabs until 84. And they don't have seats. They are more for extra legroom I beleive.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No there's no seats. It's just for more leg room and some storage. Ive owned a 94 extra cab and i have an 85 extra cab and i love the 85. If i have more than 2 people with me they just sit in the back.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
mine is an 88 its nice to have and my 9 year old sister can sit back there. And they did come with seats there is a fellow on yotatech(i know) with them in his 2nd gen truck... Not a very good pic but you can see all the room you have.

Mine is for sale too:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i have never seen seats in an xcab... my truck is a 84 xcab. has a little shelf thing back there...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are 2 back seats in my 91 and they fold up to access a storage pocket under each. If you slide the passenger seat all the way forward and can sit in it, somebody can fit behind it fairly comfortably too. Any pics of this shelf thing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had an '84 X-tra cab with the rear seats. They folded down, side facing so your back is against the side window and the rear passengers faced each other. BARELY enough room for a skinny adult if the front seat is all the way forward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One ridiculous thing about the pickup stock seats is the center seat in the front. Maybe you could fit a baby there! The 89-95 generation of extended cabs would have done good to have sideways-facing rear seats. Or 2 front bucket seats and 3 rear seats instead of the obnoxious front bench w/o a console. But maybe this is what 4runners are for!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
those came from toyota silly..... they jsut wernt offered here... the US market at the time didnt want a 4 door pickup, they wanted an SUV so thats what they got

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
yes those trucks are not US issue... the truck beds are like that because the outside bed rail exposed liek that is how the imports do it....

they have been like that for years, and still are that way in most places... the pretty bedsides you see here are domestic USA beds

1 - 20 of 22 Posts