TTORA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
a quick update, just got the master cylinder in and made up some new brake lines. I still need to add a couple of straps for the brake lines but thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice build. im throwing around the idea of building a 7sx truck also with my 07 reg cab prerunner. whether i do or not, im going to do the front end to race spec. my question is what sort of travel numbers are you looking at with that setup? i see your keeping to an 8inch shock...no intentions to go with a 10 inch and go through the top of the bucket? To my knowledge its the only way to reach the allowble 12 inches of travel allowed. just food for thought...

awesome build though, super inspiring.

something like this...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Thanks. yeah im still tossing around the idea of going with the 10 inch shock. if I dont do it right away I will in the future but it would deffinatly be benificial to go that route. hmmmmm...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
its not...im having financial problems right now so the truck took a back seat. so im working on building a race rhino for a friend of mine?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
something like this...
That's a pic of the truck we now own. Ted from Long Beach Racers really built this truck right. Although I know quite a few others helped out too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
something like this...
That's a pic of the truck we now own. Ted from Long Beach Racers really built this truck right. Although I know quite a few others helped out too.
This illustrates why 7sx is a tough class to build for. The rulebook reads "Spindles may be of any manufacturer and may be reinforced. Upright or knuckle must remain stock." That upright is clearly modified, but I guess it falls under the "spindle" part of that statement so it's ok.

The restrictions listed in the SCORE rulebook don't appear to mesh with the equipment people are running. It seems that if you build by the rules, you're at a disadvantage compared to your competitors.

Creative interpretation is definitely helpful. ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Its been a while since ive posted anything, being out of work for 8 months didnt help but here is some more goodies i picked up and im starting to ramp up building again.

also picked up a new plasma cutter and the accuset racecar scales.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Just thought id through in the rhino that im building for a friend. not quite done yet but we are almost there.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice pile of parts. Do you think you will have it racing in 2011?

I still cant understand why people build Rhinos but that is another story. Its other peoples money so eh.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Damn that looks like itll be a sweet setup! Whats the little black rectangular piece with a knob on it? And is the gray box for tuning or codes or what?
The black box with the knob is for adjusting the rich or lean mixture and the grey box is for all the tuning parameters, there is alot of tuning options with this setup. i've just about got the whole truck wired up just waiting on my fuel cell and then I can start it up and see how this system works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The black box with the knob is for adjusting the rich or lean mixture and the grey box is for all the tuning parameters, there is alot of tuning options with this setup. i've just about got the whole truck wired up just waiting on my fuel cell and then I can start it up and see how this system works.
what kind of management setup will you be running?

101 - 120 of 153 Posts
About this Discussion
152 Replies
25 Participants
7sx_Tacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing