TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering whats the going rate for a new TRD 7th injector, at the moment from one of the sponsors or somewhere similar. I'm not familiar with this UBB thing so if it was asked before I haven't seen it in all the posts. I'm looking into getting that and the URD Controller for it. Any help is appreciated. I want to budget everything in for the year.

·
Registered
472 Posts
dont waste your time on the 7th injector crap. Go check out www.urdusa.com and check out what its all about. Anyone who has a blower and has it running correctly has the full URD kit from gadget. I have in on my 03 dbl cab and its dyno tuned correctly. Makes it run stronger and longer. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J-Man said:
dont waste your time on the 7th injector crap. Go check out www.urdusa.com and check out what its all about. Anyone who has a blower and has it running correctly has the full URD kit from gadget. I have in on my 03 dbl cab and its dyno tuned correctly. Makes it run stronger and longer. Good luck.
I've been following the design and all the protoyping since back in 2001 before I got my supercharger and have been weighing my options. The full URD kit to me is not a viable option, the 7th injector seems more in tune with what I want. I know the drawbacks mainly it is unknown if fuel directly into the s/c is going to affect the life of the s/c, and that the cat will be damaged by extra fuel not being burned off. The second one is a moot point since I have no cat, the first, I'm not too concerned with. If worse comes to worse and the 7th is too ridiculous, I don't have a pinging issue as it is I won't worry about it for the time being. I much rather buy things locally, or that can be supported locally. Not many people too savvy with the tech of the URD kit so there's noone I can learn hands on from. Thanks for the inshight though I know how a lot of people feel about TRD....

·
Registered
731 Posts
J-Man said:
J-Man, I'm not trying to flame you or anything but I wonder if you have any real experience with a 7th injector setup. I agree that the full URD fuel kit is a good way to go to compliment the TRD S/C but some of us have some pretty long extended warranties to look out for. In my case 100K. The 7th was a better choice in my case.
"Anyone who has a blower and has it running correctly has a full URD kit from Gadget" That statement is simply not true. I have the 7th and along with the AIC, and my truck is running "correctly". In fact it was tuned by Brian Trager of URD.
If your truck was only dyno tuned it may very well not be tuned correctly. I would suggest you get Gadget's new U-Tune guide and street tune it. I learned that the hard way. I spent a lot of money dyno tuning my truck. Brian street tuned it and it was a totally different truck. It runs a lot smoother and makes more power now. I am willing to compare HP and torque numbers with my "7th injector crap"/URD AIC with you any time you would like. No flame----just fact.

Dave

·
Registered
731 Posts
Kaluna said:
Just wondering whats the going rate for a new TRD 7th injector, at the moment from one of the sponsors or somewhere similar. I'm not familiar with this UBB thing so if it was asked before I haven't seen it in all the posts. I'm looking into getting that and the URD Controller for it. Any help is appreciated. I want to budget everything in for the year.
To answer your question, I paid 1050.00 for the 7th and 249.00 for the URD AIC.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRDOLMAN said:
To answer your question, I paid 1050.00 for the 7th and 249.00 for the URD AIC.

Dave
Thanks, thats what I was thinking as well about the 7th being more feasible to me, but 1050 is a lot more than I was expecting... Son of a motherless goat...Now I see why more people opt for the URD...Oh well. Was that the going rate from a dealer? Or a sponsor from here?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Kaluna said:
Thanks, thats what I was thinking as well about the 7th being more feasible to me, but 1050 is a lot more than I was expecting... Son of a motherless goat...Now I see why more people opt for the URD...Oh well. Was that the going rate from a dealer? Or a sponsor from here?
As far as I know you can only get the 7th injector from a Toyota dealer. I found out from a reliable source that all dealers pay 995.00 for them. I got mine from Sterling McCall Toyota in Houston. I heard that a dealer in Pheonix and another in Dallas/Fort Worth will match prices. Don't know for sure. I felt like I was "stuck" buying the 7th so I reluctantly paid the money. I think they are like 1395.00 retail.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRDOLMAN said:
I found out from a reliable source that all dealers pay 995.00 for them.
Dave
Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well I have no pinging as of yet and I'm happy with the performance of my truck as it is so to me its not neccesary at the moment. Maybe if I come across extra money somewhere down the line I'll do it. I have other things to do 3" body lift 15x10's and 35's to name a few, and a 200 amp alternator is first on the list... Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts