TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time reader, here and elsewhere. I have about 50K of 60K total on my '01 Tacoma using the SC, TRD Headers, and exhaust, as well as K&N FIPK (got it before I'd read about the deck plate mod, before you ask... LOL)
Have had the lean out and low RPM / high load ping situations since I first had all this stuff installed years ago. I guess I (A.) got used to it and (B.) got older and stopped mashing the throttle so much. I think I've been comparatively lucky in reading about some horror stories here. I just had the cats replaced because they were burned out, luckily under warranty as cats are warranted longer and separately from the rest. I figure that now is a good time to buy the URD Fuel Upgrade Kit, before I fry another set of cats, O2 sensors, or do more hidden damage to the engine.

I've always known I'd get a fuel mod and until now was pretty set on the 7TH Injector. The warranty thing is no longer an issue with me so I'm leaning toward the URD kit. I'd like an update on how this mod is working for folks and what kind of power boost I can expect - Especially since I have headers, etc. I thought I'd read the 7TH Injector will put out an additional 40HP? - Seems a lot. Will I notice a 'rear wheel HP/seat of your pants' upgrade with URD, or will it mostly just fix the fuel delivery problems?
Also, any updates on CA smog cert issues? Mine's up for one this year, and I don't want to get caught and have to remove it all.
Lastly, is there anyone in SoCal who might be able to help me tune it, and or install? I'm an apprentice diesel mechanic at work, but until they can get train engines in cars...

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
You can use the Search Function and find A TON of info on this subject, and lots of debate on the 7th w/ URD AIC, vs. the URD Fuel Kit. Nobody with the URD kit has any complaints. The URD kit is the key to getting the performance you want, and preventing severe engine damage.

For the best answer you should contact URD directly. Gadget & Brian (owners of URD) are both contributing members of TTORA, and won't BS you.

By the way - this should go in the "Performance/Engine/Exhaust" or "Newbie Tech" folders, as this has nothing to do with 4WD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did use the search function - A lot, I'm just asking for new data, it seems many / most of those posts are a couple years old.

You are right though, Wrong place for this post, I'll move it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Read through this thread:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25233&highlight=roll+call

This is probably one of the best compilations of a lot of good Supercharger info / debate. Like I said - for the best, most accurate answers - contact URD directly.

As for someone in SoCal to help you tune - DCabTaco - is one of the best tuners on the board, and is in SoCal. He can probably answer a lot of your questions too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts