TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben (Extremepaint) and I ran Wheeler Lake on Sunday. We took our sweet ass time, hoping that the crew that was originally planned to run it would catch up to us. No such luck. But we had a good time. Ben has more pics. I just snapped a few on my phone... I'm trying to get them on the computer now, so I'll have some pics in a minute

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
gimmy a minute i'll post up a few i think i got time... actually i gotta go grab the cv from doug! fuck! on my way ole man see ya soon!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phone is not cooperating. I'll try again later.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
yeah sorry we missed you guys. We took our sweet ass time after all the fun on HC the day before. It was nicer to finally sleep in any way since it was cold as hell at our HC camp site at 7:30 am! But glad you and Ben still went!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after all this time I got one pic off the phone:

I'm trying for the rest.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
LMAO PITA isn't it. Are you emailing them to yourself and then uploading or what?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
hey kyle, was that the as tippy as doris has ever gotten comming down off the second obstacle?

i'll upload pics tonight when i get a chance

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey kyle, was that the as tippy as doris has ever gotten comming down off the second obstacle?

i'll upload pics tonight when i get a chance
No, it really wasn't bad. It just felt like if it kept sliding sideways it could get very bad very quickly. This was the tippiest so far, but I'm sure it will be outdone:

Molly, Wheeler Lake is near Montgomery Resevoir, at the base of Hoosier Pass, about 2 miles past Alma. From the cabin, its a 10 min drive to both Wheeler and Mosquito Pass.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
picys!!

driving out to mosquito pass and wheeler lake from alma on 9

stopped at the mine site to take pics.. little kid in the red was throwing rocks at the place... kinda ticked me off not to see parents anywear:rolleyes:

dont knwo what it is... some sort of ore crusher? motor? didnt look too hard at it.

dont fall in! theres actualy bags of garbage down there :rolleyes:

looking out the door to the water fall

actual waterfall near the area

overlooking the resevoir from the side of the waterfall

soo afterr i did my round of pictures, i went down and smoked a cig by the lake and took in the cool air (after fooling around on the first obstacal and nearly, what flet like, flopping my truck :eek:) to wait for kyle and or cottora crew

so i was there for a good hour or so and finally along comes doris so we head up on up..

we ran into these guys there were 3-4 of em. one of em flopped on the obstacle i nearly did... but he just got out and pushed the thing back over :D

oh and before i forget doris did well on that flopper line.. she went up but had to give it some revs! need dual cases bad!! no pics unfortunatly she went up too quick to think about it ;)

so just some senic/trail shots after that

this is the second obstacle section easy line on the right middle just an easy hill climb. semi easy line on the far left harder line on the middle left and hardest line is the v notch on far right. i went up the second hardest one after feeling a little uneasy on the vnotch.

i had to yell at the truck to get it up but found a line that works and finally made it up with minor scraping

doris did well on this line but since i was spotting no pics sorry kyle! :(

so after that more incredible views

mount bross, theres a trail that leads to the top above 14,000 foot thats higher than mosquito pass dont know if its open tho.

i haz conquerd the mini french creak! :D

beautimus

made it to the top for another mini poser rock shot... (honestly i didint eve knwo that rock was there when i put it in park!:p;))

making a collection of grill in corner shots

some JK's we ran into (plenty to go around)

played with some toys

doris in all her glory commin down off the mountain

nice yellow water fall

a good shot

and finally DORIS gettin TIPPY!!! you had that tire swaying in the breeze! i know the crowd was getting scared!:D (PICS DO NO JUSTICE TO ANGLE)

soo all in all a good day doris needs some help here and there but she did damn fine besides for the solenoid in starter not wanting to come out of its home.... or go back in for that matter!

and maybe some t-case issues...
and muffler issues....
;)

great wheelin with ya again man, good fun wish more people would showed up and or on time! ;):D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Great pics. So sorry we mised you guys but when trying to meet up for a trail after holy cross it's gonna be hit or miss! ;)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome! Thanks for posting those up Ben. I agree, that was a great trail run. It was great wheeling it with you again.

·
20,355 Posts
Wish i could have made it, but with the happenings on HC we didnt get to Mosquito until about 1pm. Sometime in September you should set up another run of Wheeler Kyle.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a good idea. I probably will set up another run. What dates are good for everybody?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Um, well Sept 12th is already taken for the trippe bypass. Labor day weekend is taken byt he crerw going to farmington.

I am trying to set redcone up for the 21/22 or 28/29

·
20,355 Posts
21/22 would work for me as well as the dates of the triple. would rather hit this trail then those at this point.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Well I just set up my post about red cone - When I said 21/22 that is for August!

Yours for wheeler lake would be 18/19 or 25/26 of Sept. Though I am trying to set up a spring creek run around then too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts