TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently weighing out my options for a beefier rear axle. This has led to potentially dealing with the front. I have an 82 Waggy 6 lug. I know I can convert to 8 lug, but I am finding conflicting info on this. It seems I will need just the brakes, hubs, and lockouts. Is this correct. Some say chevy some say ford, but which, if different, do I want to keep my existing spindles and outer shafts. Lastly some say that it will increase the WMS 1.5-2" is this correct as well. Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
i have done this, you need the hub body,i had to get the rotors and backing plates as well, same caliper, not hubs,if you have inner hubs they will convert over, spindle is the same, chevy all the way, and yes alittle wider as well, not sure if you need new wheel bearings, it should be the same i think, its been awhile, i got my stuff right off a chevy 44 in a junk yard, and didnt turn the rotors either and their fine,i would replace the bearings and just be done for some time, hope this helps, make sure you dont get the external hubs, some of them had them and they are easily identified with bolts around the hub

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Im currently weighing out my options for a beefier rear axle. This has led to potentially dealing with the front. I have an 82 Waggy 6 lug. I know I can convert to 8 lug, but I am finding conflicting info on this. It seems I will need just the brakes, hubs, and lockouts. Is this correct. Some say chevy some say ford, but which, if different, do I want to keep my existing spindles and outer shafts. Lastly some say that it will increase the WMS 1.5-2" is this correct as well. Thanks
Are you going to sell the new wheels you just bought?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, ya about those wheels. They arent so new anymore. They probably arent work much anymore. One is bent and all are pretty rashed up. I will be going to steel beadlocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts