TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm thinking about other largely useless projects...

I have an ok '80 front clip (grille, headlights, fenders, hood) that I'm thinking would look mighty spiffy on the front of my '85 runner. How much crack would I need to smoke before this would seem like an excellent and simple idea? What problems will I encounter along the way that will force me to smoke more crack to think them overcomable?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's a good question? I'd think it would fit on there, but the hood probably wouldn't line up. I.E. there might be a big gap or it might hit the grille. i'll tell you the same thing BMW tech support usually told us. "Let us know what you find when you get it done."

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
it wont look right... it will ultimately look like a old trekker, but the body lines wont match up for crap... here is an opposite picture of my 85 truck with a 83 bed... the lines and shape are different

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Belated update

I mastered this grille swap... mostly bolt in, though I sawed off the '80 turn signals, the headlights are both a bit askew, and I had to rely upon zip ties to attach the grille a little more that preferred, but hey, free grille and rids me of those ugly square headlights.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts