TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 391 RN 48L L52 DLX Long Bed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, TOYOTA Fans,

I'm a recent owner of a red 1981 Toyota 4WD Pickup. The reason I joined is because I wanted to be apart of a community of people who like me also appreciate and enjoy vintage Toyotas. I'm in the process of restoring it and can really use any advice as to where to find OEM vintage Toyota parts for a 40yr old truck. Any help would be welcomed. Here are a few pics. Still needs a lot of work but in my opinion that’s all part of the fun...

Thanks for reading my post,
81RN4852LDLX

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Parts for the old ones are hard to find. For basic "keep it running" use rockauto. I have been able to get a few parts at really good prices from Jim Ellis Toyota, but they don't seem to want to look anything up themselves. I've had to provide the part numbers in order to order and have shipped.

Mine is just an '88. I would guess an '81 to be harder to find goodies for.

Your truck sure does look nice. Keep it running, please never scrap it.

·
Registered
81 391 RN 48L L52 DLX Long Bed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parts for the old ones are hard to find. For basic "keep it running" use rockauto. I have been able to get a few parts at really good prices from Jim Ellis Toyota, but they don't seem to want to look anything up themselves. I've had to provide the part numbers in order to order and have shipped.

The_

the_slug,

Thanks for suggesting Ellis Toyota I’ll look them up. I’ve had some luck with Toyota of Escondido and Toyota of Carlsbad. Both dealerships are in north San Diego county. The guys in parts departments are really good about looking parts up and if they don’t have them, which is almost always the case. They will at least share the part numbers. Also, I had an 88 V6 4WD metallic grey pickup that I purchased new. I personally like the 1st Gen 4Runners and the 4th Gen pickups design and look. Also, our trucks are getting harder to find and my plan is to restore my 81 to stock as best as possible and keep it. So no plans on scraping it ever. Thanks again…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts