1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

1982 Toyota Pick Up 4X4 SR5 Short bed
22R (Carb), 4 Speed,
Truck has air, all the parts are there except the belt but the air does not work ???(I have never even looked into why)
Heat works well, No power steering
The Motor was running good when I parked it. It has been sitting over a year now, it still turns over but needs a carb rebuild. The transmission has a slight noise in third gear sometimes, mostly when under a heavy load. The four wheel drive works great. The cab has a little rust, a small hole around the drain hole in the driver side front floor board. It is about the size of a golf ball. The bed is rusted through in several areas and is pretty much shot. The plastic bed liner that caused this comes with the truck if you want it…
The windshield gasket is rotting out, and it does leak a little in a heavy rain.
When it was running,the motor was seeping a little oil when hot, and it missing the interior drivers door panel.

I originally bought the truck form my wife's cousin because he needed the money at the time. At the time I thought of maybe building it up like Marshall's truck but life got in the way..
Anyway, I need this truck out of my yard. I have tried to sell it before with no luck and hate to see it go to the crusher, but that is where it is headed soon if no one wants to make me an offer. If I had the time I would part it out myself, but there is no way I can do it right now.

Make me a reasonable offer, bring a trailer and come get it. It would make a great little truck to build a truggy out of.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Whats scrap price for it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best estimate I can find after a quick search is about 2500 lbs for the curb weight. So maybe $ 285.00 to $300.00. I called one recycling place near my house and they said $ .115 per 100 lbs right now for scrap cars.
After finding that out today, I might find the time to part it out, or push it off in the woods until I get the money to build it up. It is worth $500.00 to me, just because I hate to see another one of these old trucks crushed...
There are not many of these around anymore.
I might consider some trades for some parts for my sons 01 Tacoma, He wants the usual.... lift, tires, wheels, bumpers, sliders etc..

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Let me talk to SWMBO, and might could scrape up some cash and make an offer. :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I might consider some trades for some parts for my sons 01 Tacoma, He wants the usual.... lift, tires, wheels, bumpers, sliders etc..
Your son is smarter than I was at 15 haha

GLWS, it's also good to see someone who's not willing to let it get crushed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the original title, but a replacement issued by the state from when I bought it from my wife"s cousin. In order for me to sell it, because of the age, I shouldn't need a title... unless I missed a law change? It is not a salvage truck, and I just can't bring myself to salvage it for $3-400.00. If I get time this weekend I am gonna try to get it to start. I know the fuel inside the tank and the carb are probably bad. I bought some Lucas fuel conditioner to see if it will help.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Wouldn't need a title for a trail only truck, I have a buddy who is thinking about it, he wants to get rid of his 76 FJ40 anyway (says its to nice of a project to wheel) I tell him to wheel it, but if he doesnt want to, I am going to hound him to buy this and wheel it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I have responded to all PM's now, so I guess I will put this up here..I will not take less than $500.00 for it. It is an old truck with some issues, but they don't make them like this anymore, and I won't crush it for only $3-400.00.
I am open to offers of $500.00 and up or parts such as bumpers, coilovers, sliders, tires (285's) etc.. for my sons 01 Tacoma.
Thanks to all who have asked about the truck.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I do wish I had an extra 500 sitting around, I love the old body styles.

Somebody grab this thing and don't let it go to a scrap yard.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started it up today, and drove it around the yard a little. It still won't idle very well, so I know the carb needs work, but it ran smooth past idle. I think the choke may be the problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts