TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any websites that sell parts/accessories for an 82 solid axle 4x4? Looking for interior parts (dash) and lift parts, tube doors, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Google around for dash pads. There's quite a few places for that.

As for lifts, check Marlin Crawler, All Pro, etc. For a lift on the cheap, run 63" chevy springs in the rear, and move your stock rears up front. This will relocate your front axle 2" forward, which will require histeer (highly recommended).

For an even cheaper lift, get some mid-90's 2wd Ford F-150 leafs, and mix them with your stock packs. Add some longer shackles, and you'll get 3" easy.

Also, for more info, you might want to start hitting up the Marlin boards, or Pirate, since those guys run alot of older rigs.

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by moving the rear springs to the front do I need to do anything to the front drive shaft? Is that going to provide any lift or will it just give me more flex? What about shackles? Forgive me since I only have knowledge on the 2000+ tacoma's and very little experience with anything older.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
by moving the rear springs to the front do I need to do anything to the front drive shaft? Is that going to provide any lift or will it just give me more flex? What about shackles? Forgive me since I only have knowledge on the 2000+ tacoma's and very little experience with anything older.
Yes, you'll need to make a longer dshaft. Since it's the front, make a square one on the cheap.

Rears up front will lift AND flex. There's a good FAQ on Pirate --> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265669

For front shackles with the rears, you can run banana/boomerang shackles and you don't have to cut/weld anything. Sky Manf. has some nice ones --> http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/suspension2.htm

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my dash is BAD (no windshield for 1 year) im wondering if I need a cap or just a new dash

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
there is a junk yard up in colorado that stocks nothing but toyota truck parts. he has it well organized and has from old to new. If you are really intrested look up on this. I am tring to find the link of this guy but I am not having too much luck. If I run across it I will let u know.

BTW what happen with the guy that was selling you the whole cab; did he want too much?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
mine had a nice bullet hole in the center of the windshield when I got it and most of the foam was gone.I used can foam to fill the voids and then glued it down.Works and is paintable

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
there is a junk yard up in colorado that stocks nothing but toyota truck parts. he has it well organized and has from old to new. If you are really intrested look up on this. I am tring to find the link of this guy but I am not having too much luck. If I run across it I will let u know.
Do you mean the YotaYard?

http://www.yotayard.com/home.htm

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Rears up front is a nasty urban legend that needs to be put to rest. Difficult to do for not a lot of gain. Go with a lift pack from marlin or allpro. Get hysteer you will be happy you did. And for other parts and for interior stuff call this guy JPtruck parts his name is Jon 865-Five Five Six-2977 he can hook you up with everything even the lift and driveshafts.

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

BTW what happen with the guy that was selling you the whole cab; did he want too much?

the cab might still happen, the date is going to be the only problem. he isnt pulling until the end of next month and my wife is due 2 weeks later (if things go right) so it will be cutting it CLOSE! I might have to organize a massive WAT to get help pull his cab and get it on my trailer and get me back home asap. that is going to be pushing it though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts