TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm tall and long-armed I hate the stock location of the stereo. Therefore I am moving it north this winter to the center vent area. Why? Those vents suck and I can reach it at that point.
How will I do this? Simple: rip out the dash, modify the vent flapper and housing, extend the stereo harness and chop out what has to be chopped.
Why? Again, I hate having to lean forward to adjust my stereo. Yes, I have a remote but I do not like using it. Why? Douchebags use remotes for their car stereos, that's why.
I plan to insulate the heater vent in an attempt to keep the stereo cooler; maybe I'll whip up some external air ducting, who knows.

Stay tuned folks. :cool:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Since I'm tall and long-armed I hate the stock location of the stereo. Therefore I am moving it north this winter to the center vent area. Why? Those vents suck and I can reach it at that point.
How will I do this? Simple: rip out the dash, modify the vent flapper and housing, extend the stereo harness and chop out what has to be chopped.
Why? Again, I hate having to lean forward to adjust my stereo. Yes, I have a remote but I do not like using it. Why? Douchebags use remotes for their car stereos, that's why.
I plan to insulate the heater vent in an attempt to keep the stereo cooler; maybe I'll whip up some external air ducting, who knows.

Stay tuned folks. :cool:
maybe look into modifying an under dash universal mount?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-universal-under-dash-mounting-kit-for-din-radios-black/1244585.p?id=1218019667409&skuId=1244585

i may know a guy, who knows a guy, who can get those locally? ;);)

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may know a guy who paints stuff who needs one of those and a few 6x9 speakers... :D

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got one, but I like doing things the hard way and over-complicating them as much as possible.

Next mod:
spring-under axles with rear-steer. :D

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a year and (surprise) I forgot about this thread...

but the radio now lives in the vents. I love it; just need to make brackets so it stops falling out on steep angles. I can reach it easy, I can see it easy and that left room for super pimp-ass ProSport gauges in the stock stereo location.

And switches... lots of switches for lots of lights.

This winter will see brackets, cleaner switch and gauge wiring, tilting gauges to the driver's side, more switches and more lights.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh; now I can't find them... and of course the dash is now on the roof so I can't get a current picture. In the meantime, here's what's left of the clutch disc that somehow managed to move 38s through a few feet of snow and into the shop.

Yeah, I have no idea either. :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
i think he died :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts