TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 84 pickup (crawler) a couple months ago, I'm still getting acquainted with it and trying to dial it in a little. The previous owner didnt build it and didnt know a lot about the build. So far I've figured out that its an 84 with a FI swap from a 86 I think, the ecu it has was used in 86-87, and the intake is from a 89+. I know it was just a FI swap because it still has the earlier block. To me it looks to be complete including the fuel tank and emissions stuff (I hope).

I had a thread about the front brakes, got that all figured out but wanted to make a thread for all the other questions I have and will have. Looking around the inside behind the dash I've found some unplugged conectors, I was able to figure out what a couple are for but not all of them.

Here are a couple to the left of the steering column, any ideas? What I do know is that they're not for the clutch cancel switch, found that already.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have mine apart right now. I will look this evening when I get home.

The blue one may be the cargo light switch. I have to double check.

I went through the same pains when I picked up my 85 in 2010.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine apart right now. I will look this evening when I get home.

The blue one may be the cargo light switch. I have to double check.

I went through the same pains when I picked up my 85 in 2010.
Thanks, I was starting wonder if I would I get any info on the older toyotas here, the site has been great for all my tacoma needs.

I found another unused 2 wire conector near the middle of the steering column. I do know that there are no wires going to the seatbelt, and I don't have a cargo light on the cab.

Nice truck :kewl:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Maybe ask on Marlin's board?

·
Registered
871 Posts
The blue connector is for the deck light or cargo light.
The white 6 pin is for the rear defroster, which was a rare option, but the wiring is still installed.
The only 2 pin I can remember on the steering column is for the key reminder when the key is in the ignition and the door is open the buzzer sounds. thats a good one to unplug...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blue connector is for the deck light or cargo light.
The white 6 pin is for the rear defroster, which was a rare option, but the wiring is still installed.
The only 2 pin I can remember on the steering column is for the key reminder when the key is in the ignition and the door is open the buzzer sounds. thats a good one to unplug...
Thanks :kewl:. The key buzzer works, I actually put the buzzer box in so that the dome light would turn on when the drivers door is open, I'll probably kill the buzzer in the box though. It was a 7 wire conector I think.

I'll take a pic of the 2 wire one when I get back in town.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres a few more unknowns, the first pic shows 4 connectors on the drivers side near the coil and air box. The second one shows 3 connectors hanging down by the starter.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to find some info on the wires by the starter, one side of the large white connector is reverse lights the other doesn't get used. I still would like to know what the other 2 are for. Anyone know what the wire for the aux air valve would look like?
This has a later model upper intake so aux air valve has been removed and the wire is probably hanging around.

I also found out that all but one of the connectors on the drivers side are test connectors. Still not sure what the white one is.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
In the second pic; I think one of the big white "double connector" is for the tcase 4wd lite. The black one almost looks like an injector connector?? I'll have to look at my truck for the others.... I'm carb'd so won't be able to help much on the efi stuff.

..oh, and X2 on the defrost connector, that one drove me crazy trying to figure out where it went!! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts