TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the answer already this rig is about what i'd spent to sas and its a more desirable model living in nearly rust free socal desert .my current rig has locked 488s and a 4,7 crawlbox with twin sticks and IFS... I think all but the front diff gears will swap into the 85' :mudding: ....I think can anyone with more knowledge add input please.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I know the answer already this rig is about what i'd spent to sas and its a more desirable model living in nearly rust free socal desert .my current rig has locked 488s and a 4,7 crawlbox with twin sticks and IFS... I think all but the front diff gears will swap into the 85' :mudding: ....I think can anyone with more knowledge add input please.
Thats a tough choice. I think your right as far as what's swappable. Typically you'll still need to do some fab work on the 85 unless you plan on keeping it stockish. If you want to build it up your looking at front spring hanger, reinforcement, shock towers, shocks, springs and shackles front and back, spring hanger and shackle relocation out back, plus steering parts and more.

The 90 has more demo involved.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I pulled the trigger 85 4R ,in really good shape .it has 33"s already and I believe allpro springs ? it drives nice ,and has alot of power so much so I asked if it had gears already or a cam . the owner said just some bosh injectors made for a modified spray pattern ? it is honestly the strongest 22re ive felt and ive been driven these since the 80s. no cam either .. on 410s .maybe other mods i dont know . i'll ask him for a list of known parts and work done . i looked at the steering linkage and all ,but really no personal exp. with a solid axle Toyota so I dont know whats what ..haaa! all new to me . the owner is getting a part installed and getting the smog cert otherwise id have some pics . im looking forward to driving this and modifying it a bit. its so straight body panel wise i will have to be carefull and add some more armour . I will probly start a build thread cause I already ordered another 488 gearset and locker:xozzy: man ive wanted one of these for along time !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts