TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody , long time owner of toyota pickups , 10 solid axle trucks and 3 with ifs. I aquired an 85 s.a. 4Runner with a 22re thats full of cancer on the entire rear half. The body is literally falling off - good frame and front section. I wanna start to rebuild the rear section and getting ideas together for my project. I plan to keep it a 4runner , and not turn it into a truck ( seats will go back in & the top will go back on). Kicking around the idea of using All Pro's flat bed kit as a beginning platform with extensive mods to accomodate the seats and top. Im a Journeyman Millwright , not a newbie to fabrication by any means . Im having trouble trying to find theyre flatbed kit as of latley ? Anyones input is greatly appreciated . I still have all these other trucks and a 88 supra turbo , and an extra supra engine as well - Thanks everyone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
. . . guess im just gonna buy an air over hydraulic pipe bender and figure it out myself. Anyone looking to buy stock in 1 1/2 & 2'' pipe , now would be the time. :suicide:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks , I checked em out last week, looked like a good setup. Thats too bad , were a dying breed . Im asuming all-pro quit production of the flat bed kit as well . Rest In Pieces . I mite try and splice in a box from an 88' 2wd ive got laying around , and then exo-skelly off of TG Rear bumper and their rock sliders ? Thanks for the reply ,

·
Registered
428 Posts
Why not just hack it off at the b pillar and buy the back half of another 4runner and cut and splice . Did it on my 85

1 - 6 of 6 Posts