TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a clean 85 toyota 4runner in Orlando area. The complete drivetrain was removed, so no engine, tranny, transfercase, or axle. I bought this a few months ago with the hopes of piecing it back together, but I don't have the time or money right now. It is currently on my flatbed trailer and I would be glad to haul it anywhere locally and maybe further if your willing to pay for gas. I don't have the title, which is one of the reasons I am giving up on this project. I will include the following for the purchase price of 350.00, 5mge supra motor, 4 old aluminum wheels, all the power steering components to set it up with push-pull style steering, and anything else I can think of. Below is the pic of it before I bought it from a guy on florida4x4. The hood and passenger fender do not match the paint. I think they are both black.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is it an SR5, is that rust all over the back hatch, what condition is the interrior? Was it wrecked (fender&hood) and is the frame straight?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame is straight, I am not sure why the fender and hood where removed. I was impressed by the interior, and exterior as well. The inside is brown, there are no holes on the vynal flooring. and the seats are decent enough. may need a cover. It is an odd configuration though. It is not an SR-5 but it was setup with ac, and it had the graffics package. It is also setup for an auto tranny. There is rust on the rear gate and the bumpers are shot/removed. It has the front and rear stock spring on it. Also had the steering box for the push pull power steering. I was planning on dropping the 5mge into it.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Is there supposed to be a pic? I dont see one. What kind of shape is the 5mge in? What does it need to be run? Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It ran when removed with approx 120K miles on it. I haven't run a compression test or anything. When the person removed it from the car, they took the wiring harness and most accessories with it. It mainly needs a computer. Probably all the spark plugs and such. To replace a 22re, you would have to get a supra bellhousing (car-parts has one for 80.00), clutch and pressure plate, flywheel, fab up some motor mount adapter plates, and a computer.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I see it now, it didnt show up last time? How much for the doors if you decide to part?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Screwball
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing