TTORA Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Calipers and pads are for a 1984 Cadillac Eldorado. Picked up the calipers for $65 each and the pads were $22 from AdvanceAutoParts. (remember, order online, and google for coupon codes, I saved $40 by doing this and got free shipping to my door)

Right Caliper - SLC243
Left Caliper - SLC242
Pads - MKD154

If you want to go the cheapest route, get the MonteCarlo front calipers for $14 each and figure out your own parking brake.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Made more progress on the brakes. Just need to install the new master cylinder, bleed, and do something with the parking brake.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I wouldn't like that. I will miss my guess if you don't have issues due to the line being attached to the bottom of the caliper like that and the line being so low.

Can you flop them around so there in front of the axle putting the line on top?

·
4,068 Posts
I wouldn't like that. I will miss my guess if you don't have issues due to the line being attached to the bottom of the caliper like that and the line being so low.

Can you flop them around so there in front of the axle putting the line on top?
You usually orient them so the bleeder is on the top so they can be bled while mounted. If they are "flipped" so the hose is on top, the bleeder will mostlikely be on the bottom and the caliper would have to be removed to properly bleed the system.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Got the brakes done minus the parking brake. Took way to long to install the master cylinder. The metric to SAE brake line adapters I bought from LowRangeOffroad are total crap. A waste of $24. I ended up cutting and reflaring the factory lines and buying adapters from autozone. The pedal is super stiff now.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Think I got the parking brake figured out.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
No go on the parking brake. Going to have to try again. I did finally fix my hydro assist. I ended up having to make a new resevoir.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Time for an update. After multiple years of shopping for tires, I finally broke down and bought some. 37x14-15 Bias Iroks.

221 - 230 of 230 Posts