TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a line on an 85 toyota reg cab SFA today at a local shop. when it was parked it ran but the engine was knocking. Will definately need a rebuild/replacement. I think it is a 22R. There is some sort of a lift on it (about 3") with swampers. Interior is rough but salvageable, minor rust. Has been repainted to black. Has a HUGE redneck pipe bumper on back! Anything I should be looking at on this thing? He is asking 1200 but I can easily get it for a grand or less. What will it take to get it trail worthy (besides the engine)? What kind of suspension upgrades to get some flex out of it? Thanks

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
$400 - $800 by how you describe it. Thats the most Id give'em

·
838 Posts
Look out for frame rust most especially, also they tend to rust out around the wheel wells , but its nothing a sawzall wont fix! I did not rebuild my engine, I just replaced it with one from a donor truck, the pulling and dropping in is simple, PM me if you get it and I can give you some tips that will save you time and headaches!! Heres mine and I have less than 5 Gs in it including a complete donor truck, and the 33" MTRs...shop smart and you cant go wrong!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
dougtrd
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing