TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a owner new of a 85 toyota pickup single cab (I will get pictures tomorrow) As of now I only have around $350 in it. So im thinking of doing 64" chevy springs in the rear, and the RUF. Im going to run my stock wheels off my 99 tacoma with wheel spacers being that the only way they will fit. First thing i do have to do is replace the head gasket, I already have the stuff for it. I will probably only run 35s on it for now till I can regear or I just may leave 35s on and put lockers. Im going to build sliders and bumpers myself. If anyone has better ideas for lifts let me know im all for suggestions. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im a owner new of a 85 toyota pickup single cab (I will get pictures tomorrow) As of now I only have around $350 in it. So im thinking of doing 64" chevy springs in the rear, and the RUF. Im going to run my stock wheels off my 99 tacoma with wheel spacers being that the only way they will fit. First thing i do have to do is replace the head gasket, I already have the stuff for it. I will probably only run 35s on it for now till I can regear or I just may leave 35s on and put lockers. Im going to build sliders and bumpers myself. If anyone has better ideas for lifts let me know im all for suggestions. Thanks alot.
i got 84 standard cab on what you are planning, 35's chevys and RUF. Stock gears it's a dog, i went and did some very mild wheeling and hated it(i dont like wheel spin and bouncing around like a pogo stick though). after a few months i had elocker rearend and welded front with stock 4.10s but got 4.7 tcase, now it's an enjoyable truck.

I would say get ifs hubs for front and ifs axle for rear, cheap and dont need to use spacers then but will cost close to the same as getting spacers. my 35's on 4" backspacing wheels rubbed frame in the rear on stuff till i swapped out to a ifs axle.

RUF and chevys are great for offroad. depends on how much lift you are going for and if you use the truck for DD. mine is a DD and i'm at 22.5" frame height on 35's so leaf packs are pretty soft and minimal amount of leafs in packs. It aint fun at high speeds when you find a bump. completely empty not too bad, but with a little weight from gear going wheeling/camping it can get fucking scary fast. 65 and bouncing off the bumps side to side. if you can deal with that do it :cool: i also have cheaper shocks, if you get nice shocks valved for say a 1ton might make it better:dunno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the input. I will probably just run the 32 11.5 s then till I can regear or get ifs rear axle. What model ifs hubs do I need for the front. Also on the rear axle could I use the non trd out of my 99 so I can put the e locker rear in my 99.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im may be going to the junk yard monday to find some leaf packs to rebuild mine like 4WD does on tacomaworld. Also to find some ifs hubs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well about have the head off hoping for good news on that. Picked up some tires, and ordering my wheels in a week. May get the rear and hub bodies out of a 93 pickup next week. I'm thinking about gears ,but I'm don't trust any shops around me to install them. Should I do them myself or just not do them at all? If I do gears I getting 5.29.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts