TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate to do it, but I have to sell my rig and the parts I've picked up for it. Some things have come up in life that just aren't going to give me the time to finish her up, and I need to be a bit smarter with money these days. I just changed roles at work and now have a 100 mile a day commute so my previous plan to DD a 'Runner on 37"s doesn't make a lot of sense anymore. I'm really sad I have to do this, but such is life.

Here's the rough info, I have all the details and will have pics of everything shortly. Please PM me with any questions.

Truck:

(These pics are "as bought" I've since removed the lower valance, all the mud flaps, the back bumper and the front right fender got hammered at Hollister Hills, I'll have pics of it "as is" soon)

'86 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (22RE/5-Speed)
~160K Miles on the Rig
< 10k Miles on:
  • Fresh 22RE with under 10k miles on it. I picked up the truck with about 3k miles on the new motor, it had been running standard oil for break in. I did an oil change to Mobil 1 Full Synthetic as soon as I got it. I've changed the oil twice in the 7k miles I've put on it, using only Mobil 1 and a K&N or Mobil 1 filter.
  • Rebuilt 5-Speed with new Clutch.
  • The Brakes, Shocks and Ball Joints in the Front End are New too... but hopefully the buyer will be getting rid of that stuff shortly :saw: :welder: However, it's just an example that the previous owner fixed everything recently intending it to go back into service as a DD for his wife.
Parts:
  • Marlin Crawler SAS Kit (4"): http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/suspension/sas.htm All brand new in the box, as you can see this costs $1449 + $100 shipping + tax. This is THE BEST SAS Kit on the market. All brand new.
  • Front and Rear '85 Toyota Axles Complete Wheel to Wheel with Factory 4.10s (open). These are literally complete as they came off a truck. Obvioulsy you won't need the rear axle for this rig... but I have no use for it so I'm throwing it in the deal and not adding to my asking price for it. It's just something you can unload for some extra $.
  • Complete second set of Toyota 3rd Members built out with 5.71s and ARB Air Lockers. Very low miles on these, gear patern looks great. All seals and air lines inspected and replaced as necessary.
  • Compressor and Tank for ARBs.
  • Steel 15x10"s.
  • A set of 35"s on the 15x10s, they'd be fine for a trail-only rig but I wouldn't street drive them.
  • Front axle rebuild kits, air lines, etc.
  • Some other misc. stuff I need to remember.
What you'd still need:
  • Rear Lift or Chevy 63" conversion (I was going to go the Chevy route).
  • Fresh tires before long (I was going to go 37x12" MTRs).
  • Sliders before you wheel too hard.
Really that's it to have a very, very capable rig. Oh, and some :saw: :welder:

I'm looking to get $6500 for everything. I spent $3500 on the truck, about $1700 on the SAS, $2500 into the axles/ARBs etc for about $7700 total not even counting DMV fees, smog etc.

-TJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$5500 now. Need to sell.

-TJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
you got pm!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts