TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this runner for atleast 4 years never did much with it other then run it into the ground on the trails, few years back it was stolen, it was completly gutted got it back, now im finally getting around to putting it back together, ill post more pics as the progress goes

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Glad you got it back; so what's the plan, what do you want this truck to do when it's "done"? Because they're never done; there's always something else to add/upgrade... trust me.

Where in Oregon are you; I have family in Albany and may swing by there in late July after fishing in Alaska.

Good luck with the build!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in salem real close to albany, after the engine ill be rebuilding rear axle has chipped ring gear and welded spiders, need to get rid of that crap lol, then rebuild front previous owner welded front spiders then tires some paint and body armor somewhere in there lol,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner when he did the solid axle swap pushed the steering pump forward an inch, i noticed when flexing the pitman arm would press against the left front leafspring so after running around getting an engine and parts to get ready for engine install tommorow i put the pump back in the factory location the angles look alot better and it should work as intended now?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I would leave the gear box forward, most people push them as far forward as possible without the issue you described. It can be raised, tilted, straightened as needed.

After market leafsprings or ruf swaps move the axle forward 1-2+" forward, moving the steering box is needed to keep the drag link and tie rod from contacting.

Are those pics of it mocked up back in the stock location? The position of the drag link and tie rod look bad from what I can see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hasnt been welded yet, lots more added for next weekend, the steering box is currently in factory position, ill probably tilt it back forward, maybe use a flat pitman arm? The front leafs are stock rear pick up springs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekend while waiting for more parts, replaced all bearings and seals, new ring and pinion and yukon axles, and tourched out the mickey mouse welded spiders and replaced with a spartan autolocker you can see chipped ring gear and the cracked welds of the hillbilly spool

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The front leafs are stock rear pick up springs
Thats what RUF is that I mentioned before. They move the axle 2" forward from stock if I'm remembering right. If you leave the steering box in stock location I think you'll get tie rod to drag link interference.

Since your ading that steering box reinforcement kit, play with box location and move it to where the tie rod and drag link are in good relation to each other and also so that your leaf spring doesn't hit it under compression.

If I was home I would take a pic of mine. It's not tilted much, pushed forward inches and no leafspring contact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts