Front bumper
Sliders
Front fender
Cheap paint job
lockers

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The powersteering box was bad. Pump seemed ok. The clutch doesn't engage as hard as it should so keep that in mind.

I think all in all it's a nice rig with tons of room to grow. I think if he gets to the price range we talked about you will be in good shape.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The powersteering box was bad. Pump seemed ok. The clutch doesn't engage as hard as it should so keep that in mind.

I think all in all it's a nice rig with tons of room to grow. I think if he gets to the price range we talked about you will be in good shape.
Cool, thanks Russ! Im going to try to talk to him tomorrow and figure something out.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
What size tire? I have a 35 sitting in the garage taking up space. The bumper is ugly as sin! I have 3 clutches as well. Ps i cant help you with. That front fender is awesome with the weight reduction!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size tire? I have a 35 sitting in the garage taking up space. The bumper is ugly as sin! I have 3 clutches as well. Ps i cant help you with. That front fender is awesome with the weight reduction!
35" need rim and all
Yea not really diggin the bumper, it might look better with a high-lift on it... so you don't actually notice the bumper as much :welder:
Good deal on clutches and yes I was thinking of cutting a hole in the other front fenders but I was afraid it might start doing wheelies down the road :rofl:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Don't mount a highlift on it just take it off. I bet I have a stock one someplace

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think the bumper is great! Excellent for plowing the drunks...er...me...out of the way at camp.

$3500 asking price? Def needs to trim at least $500 off that to get it 100%.

Between all the friggen garages full of parts for that thing, I can't see it being too long before she's ready to go. Don't mind the body at first...you're going to be trimming that in the future anyways! Wheel it open/open until you're sick of stacking rocks.

Doesn't sound like any major engine issues. Go with your gut.

·
7,735 Posts
Take a look at the rear shackle mounts. john (stealth4x4)'s rig had the shackle mounts on the last part of the frame where it goes to c-channel (when he bought it) and ended up ripping the shackle mounts and bottom part of the c-channel apart.

Also, I don't see any re-enforcement at the front x-member. That's a known weak point and will crack the frame around the P/S gear.

It'll be much easier to box/fix those before they rip than after.

I'm not saying it's something that should deter you from picking it up, just some things you should address before you start wheeling it.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Doug, the box is in the stock location and could use to be moved forward an inch or so but that's all future mod stuff. It's a tg kit and has all the gussets they tell you to throw on they are just had to see with that huge bumper.

·
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Yeah...now im scared for mine. Looks like i will be adding to the front hanger.

·
7,735 Posts
I found that Stealth's has a small crack on the bottom of the frame. I inspect that spot after every wheeling trip. I think it might be more of an issue without the added front x-member (TG kit, sky, etc).

Because I'm paranoid and didn't want to find out, here's what I did on mine.

tho this particular config wouldn't work for somebody with just the stock x-member

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What he said! I have a tire no rim. Its bald but great price of free! Take a clutch too. I cant charge what I got for free. Plus the tow bar.
Awesome thanks!

As far as welding/reinforcement areas, that will all have to be addressed down the road.. but a very good point to bring up, thanks

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Rust like that on the fender would make me concerned about what rust you can't see. Make sure before you buy it that you try and take a quick look at the floor boards, specifically right behind the front tires. It's likely that they might have some sizeable rust holes in them. Also, the rear quater panels are a very common spot. Make sure that they haven't been bondo'd to death.

I think I have seen that bumper before.... It was a guy that used to live just North of Longmont, kind of out in the sticks. That is not the guy who is selling it now from the name and location. The last time I talked to him (about 2.5 years ago), he was pretty disappointed with all of the rust on his rig and he was talking about swapping the body from another rig. It was fairly hobbled together, even with a 20R engine at one time. That bumper and the general stance of this rig make me feel like it might be a later version of that one. I could be wrong... but just be warned. This thing might have seen a lot of serious parts swapping and shade tree mechanic kind of crap by various people. And that can sometimes lead to some problems.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rust like that on the fender would make me concerned about what rust you can't see. Make sure before you buy it that you try and take a quick look at the floor boards, specifically right behind the front tires. It's likely that they might have some sizeable rust holes in them. Also, the rear quater panels are a very common spot. Make sure that they haven't been bondo'd to death.

I think I have seen that bumper before.... It was a guy that used to live just North of Longmont, kind of out in the sticks. That is not the guy who is selling it now from the name and location. The last time I talked to him (about 2.5 years ago), he was pretty disappointed with all of the rust on his rig and he was talking about swapping the body from another rig. It was fairly hobbled together, even with a 20R engine at one time. That bumper and the general stance of this rig make me feel like it might be a later version of that one. I could be wrong... but just be warned. This thing might have seen a lot of serious parts swapping and shade tree mechanic kind of crap by various people. And that can sometimes lead to some problems.
I will inspect for more rust today since I still have the rig at my house.
I'm not sure if this this is the rig u are thinking of.. its a friend of mine that owns it and he's head it for a few years in Littleton area and he just made that front bumper out of some scrap he had and threw the tabs on there for high-lift.
I will post up pics of when it was stock when he bought it a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts