TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I went and looked at it Ed, you dont want it. The trans is shot which isnt a real problem, but the wiring is in terrible shape. Somebody had a sound system in it at onetime, when it was removed a lot of extra wires were cut and pulled so now half the electrical equipment doesnt work.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Man, thanks for the warning! I let temptation get the best of me and e-mailed the guy. But now that you told me about the wiring nightmare, I think I'll pass. If there's one thing I hate, it's dealing with electrical wiring!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If your looking for a project truck that doesnt need to be street legal it'd be great, but when I said they cut extra wires I should have said they cut every wire, there were a lot under the dash cut and almost all in the back quarters cut. Nothing in the rear worked lights or gate window. Some dash functions worked but not all, I really dont know how it ran with all the cut wires hanging down under the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
No, it doesn't sound like it's for me. I'm thinking of selling my 93 Bronco and going with a 4Runner or Landcruiser, but I need it to be like my Bronco - street legal commuter, haul the kids and dog in it, and still have some 4x4 fun with it. Sounds like that one just don't fit the bill, even though it looked like from the outside that it was in good shape. Guess that's why it was priced so low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
equin
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing