TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 with 4inches and 32's.
I want a 99(range) yota. How high do they sit STOCK? I want a lifted truck but with my price its getting harder to find. I found one with 2.inches but i dont know if that would be noticable. I measured the top of my cab to be 75inchs +/-. I want new my truck to be AT LEAST that high. Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
317 Posts
dont try and get a high truck.....just lift enough to get the meat you want under it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont get me wrong this thing will be offroad. However I like the LIFTED look much more.... but a body lift is not even an option for me...suspention all the way.

·
Registered
779 Posts
if your looking for lift on a budget and only have 32's as of now you are prob looking at body lift...sadly... but my suggestion is if you are looking for an 87-99 write down your options and factors to key in.. Most likely you will have to be getting an older rig if you want a lift... what is your budget? also, how often do you actually plan on wheeling this rig?

·
Registered
779 Posts
badmoonrising said:
tacomas started in 95.5 . and you should just look for a stock one and do shit later
good point... and would you consider just a pick up with a 22re?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently have a 22-RE. I am coming to the sad realization i might have to settle for stock. How big tires can you fit on stock? I want 98+ extra cab V6 preferably. I wont be crawling with the truck mostly trails and mud. thanks

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
haschen said:
I currently have a 22-RE. I am coming to the sad realization i might have to settle for stock. How big tires can you fit on stock? I want 98+ extra cab V6 preferably. I wont be crawling with the truck mostly trails and mud. thanks
The largest tire you could fit under there is a 32" but that's with trimming aswell... 31" tires fit perfectly with out a lift!

and to get that year truck with a V6 is prolly going to run you aroun 13-16k depending on Milage! :eek:

·
Registered
779 Posts
32 will fit but like animal said it takes some trimming... a 98+ taco is going to cost you MUCH more than an older one... would you still be willing to get a 4 banger geared on a 98+? that way later you wouldn't have to change the gear ratios when u get larger tires(after 31's or 32's) I sugest look for a taco with 5.29's if you plan on lifting it and putting larger tires on, especially if you are getting a 2.7 litre .. but that's just my :2cents:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts