TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My amazing engineer father found that my hot-start issue is either being caused by a flaky ECU or injector solenoid resistor. The truck is an 88 22re.

Here's my proposal: if you've got either of these, let me know and I will meet you for lunch/dinner/coffee/beer on me, if you allow me to check if the part fixes the problem. Just a matter of plugging it in and trying. If it fixes it, then I'll gladly buy the part from you.

Or if you have any other ideas let me know :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I have nothing to add, except your continued use of the signature really makes my day.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still represents something very valuable for me from "the good ol days" of 4wheeling.

Chris, you're lucky that your 22R doesn't have a bunch of stupid electronic crap in it just waiting to fail on you! ;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It still represents something very valuable for me from "the good ol days" of 4wheeling.

Chris, you're lucky that your 22R doesn't have a bunch of stupid electronic crap in it just waiting to fail on you! ;)
I'll take my trusty 22 R anyday! about to swap it over to propane.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Whitey can't make a temporary donation?
Whitey tried.... but there were possible variables... 88 is 'unique'... and Whitey is an 87

oh... yeah.... we considered propane... but thought the better of it... and then thought about sterno... since Jordan lives so close to downtown and all... ;

·
Registered
743 Posts
Got an ECU from eBay.

I may still need to grab an injector resistor from someone since I hacked mine up doing experiments.
Offer still stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts