TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home at about 3:30 am and my truck was gone. Our dog that usually barks at anything that moves slept through the whole thing. They must have pushed it out of the driveway then started it down the street. The exhaust is pretty loud do to all the leaks and the magnaflow. If anyone sees it please let me know. I called the police right away but chances are it will get parted out and ditched. At least the tires and the system will be gone.

Its a 1988, light blue and primer, stickers all over the windows, black tool box in the bed with pinstriping and notched to fit a bed cover, 33" goodyear MTR's, 4 inch bracket lift, blue trecel bucket seats, wood grain steering wheel, Home made bumper bar all rusted to hell, huge dent in the pass door which i had tried to push back out.

Plate number 888-ORZ

pic

This truck is just so damn ugly I don't know why anyone would take it.
On top of all that I was in the process of selling it to my neighbor who had given me a down payment, which i had gone out and spent a good amount of so if its not found or the insurance doesn't cover it ill have to pay him back. Sadly i called to have the insurance taken off of it about the middle of last week but since the month has been paid I hope they'll still cover it.
:banghead:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That seriously blows dude! I made arrangements to take the truck in to have the locks fixed with Andy tomorrow but after dealing with him so far I may just return that remote and have smuggler do one of the new alarms with gps like my dad did on the trucks at his work.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Weirder shit has happened. A few rigs were recovered as whole trucks that people were driving daily and spotted them in alleys and stuff. I have also heard of them going to Mexico to never be recovered. With any luck it will turn up and some drunk guy used it to get home or something.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
vinnie who used to be on here had his recovered from a sting op that the police ran... was a few weeks later and various cars were in the process of being chopped. so there is always hope...

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Who was the guy who's runner was found in an alley that the people like cleaned it and took great care of it?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Don't forget Nate in Firestone/Westminster That had his single cab white truck stolen. He did recover it too after about 20 days I think. But I think the stereo, CB and some other stuff was stripped.

I really hope this works out for you. Thieves and Liars are the lowest of scum.

And the reality is, that cops don't seem to care to much into trying to help you find it.... So your best bet is to post up on as many colorady 4x4 forums as you can. Also do you have a better picture?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just read this, but I'll definitely keep an eye out. My first pickup when I was 16 was an 88 extra-cab (black), but very similar to yours. I do hope everything turns out okay.

When my g/f's apartment in Colorado Springs was broken into last year, the cops in Loveland were able to recover some of the items. So you never know how far it's gone. I'll be driving all over CO this weekend, so I'll write the plate # down and call it in if I see it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts