TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a extra cab trd taco with the 3.4 and no addition bumpers or winches pretty much bone stock. I am interested in the ome lift but not sure on what kind of lift I will acheive with the different coils. I am looking at getting close to 3". Any info would greatly be appreciated. My truck is a 2004 if that matters.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
4x4crazy12345 said:
I have a extra cab trd taco with the 3.4 and no addition bumpers or winches pretty much bone stock. I am interested in the ome lift but not sure on what kind of lift I will acheive with the different coils. I am looking at getting close to 3". Any info would greatly be appreciated. My truck is a 2004 if that matters.
From the old board:

hytenor said:
interesting but somewhat inaccurate.

6 Cylinder.......880.....881.....882.....15A/B.....Trim Packer
Regular Cab.... .5"......2"........3"........2.5"........... .5"
Extra Cab........5"..... 2"....... 3"....... 2.5"........... .5"
Double Cab...... 5"......2"...... 3"....... 2.5".......... .5"

4 Cylinder...... 880...... 881...... 882...... 15A/B...... Trim Packer
Regular Cab..... 1"...... 2.5"...... 3.5"....... 2.5".......... .5"
Extra Cab......... 1"...... 2.5" ......3.5"....... 2.5"......... .5"
Double Cab....... 1"...... 2.5"...... 3.5" .......2.5"........ .5"

Innitial lift can actually be more, especially on the 2.7s but the coils settle down rather quickly.
The different trucks will NOT get the same amount of lift in the real world. A Dcab weighs quite a bit more than a reg cab so won't get nearly the same amount of lift using the same coils. rear figures are based on nothing in the bed and no camper top. Trim packers are 5mm giving approx. 10mm of extra lift or about 3/8" or less.

real world figures after settling are closer to:
6 Cylinder.......880.....881.....882..... 15A/B.....Trim Packer
Regular Cab.... .5"......2"........3+"........2-2.5"...... .375"
Extra Cab...... .5"....1.5".....2.5-2.75"..... 2-2.5"...... .375"
Double Cab..... .0".... 1-1.5".....2.5"....... 2-2.5"...... .375"

4 Cylinder...... 880...... 881...... 882...... 15A/B.....Trim Packer
Regular Cab..... 1"...... 2.5"...... 3.5"..... 2-2.5"..... .375"
Extra Cab....... .75".... 2" ...... 3.5"..... 2-2.5".... .375"
Double Cab...... .5"..... 2"..... 3" ...... 2-2.5"..... .375"

even these figures will varry with driving style, trail use, addition of winch/bumper, sliders, heavy under-carriage armor, etc.
Here's the original thread: http://forums.delphiforums.com/tacomaterritory/messages?msg=114681

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
get the 882's on n-91 struts. You will initially get 3" and it will settle to just over 2.5" on your rig.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
881's with one trim per side have me at about 2.25", hasn't settled any since the initial break in period. Not sure how much more my tube bumper weighs than the stock piece of junk and how much it's affecting the lift. v6 xtra cab.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
mudferret said:
881's with one trim per side have me at about 2.25", hasn't settled any since the initial break in period. Not sure how much more my tube bumper weighs than the stock piece of junk and how much it's affecting the lift. v6 xtra cab.
HEY , where does those trim packers go, on top or bottom of coil?

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I have a set of OME 880 coils
I paid $80+shipping
do you want them
you would need to buy N90 struts

·
Banned
598 Posts
SLIMTACO2 said:
HEY , where does those trim packers go, on top or bottom of coil?

OME has two types of trim "shims". they have spring perch rings that simply slip down over a OME shock and rests on the ring that is welded to the shock, then the lower spring perch goes over shock and rests on that.

they also have upper trim shims for non-coilover setups. basically a large diameter (thin) urethane washer that fits on top of the spring, usually used in applications where the spring is seperate from the shock (like that on the rear of my 96' 4runner).

you can find metal shims (washers) for trimming a non-OME coilover setup by going to mcmaster.com. i would put this under the rubber on the bottom side of the shock tower mount, this way the spring still rests against the rubber isolator.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone know what the spring rate is for the stock TRD coils? Someone told me that they were around 480lbs. I'd like to find out to compare them with the OME coils.

·
Registered
351 Posts
so with the 882s and n91s i'd get around 2.5" of lift after everything setteled out. Would a dif drop be a good idea? How difficult is that (diff drop) to install?
with 2.5 lift would 32x12.50s clear or should i stay with 10.50 or 11.50......will be mounted on MT classic IIs. Could a 33 possible fit. probably won't go that big to save on gas and wear.
WheelersOffroad has the coils for 139 and the struts for 219. they will assemble them with toyota parts for 155. that's 513 plus shipping. seems a bit step but the install would be a friggin breeze!!!! and the ride quallity compared to spacers would be killer.....i've almost got myself talked into it.........need to work on the wife now.

thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts