TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would the 881's with a trimpacker ride well on street? Do I use the n91sc shocks, or can I use bilsteins? Which would ride better and handle well? I have the cornfed spacer right now, and stock non trd coils with 170,000 miles on them. And the front rides like sh*t.

I want something that is gonna give me lift, but also absorb bumps like potholes and speedbumps going slow, and when driving fast, take bumps good too.

I dont have any thing aftermarket on the front end of my truck, and dont plan on it. My truck is a V6 extra cab BTW. Im lookin to get at least 2 inches of lift.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
XxRODERIGOxX said:
Would the 881's with a trimpacker ride well on street? Do I use the n91sc shocks, or can I use bilsteins? Which would ride better and handle well? I have the cornfed spacer right now, and stock non trd coils with 170,000 miles on them. And the front rides like sh*t.

I want something that is gonna give me lift, but also absorb bumps like potholes and speedbumps going slow, and when driving fast, take bumps good too.

I dont have any thing aftermarket on the front end of my truck, and dont plan on it. My truck is a V6 extra cab BTW. Im lookin to get at least 2 inches of lift.
to get 2" out 881s with your v6 you will need to add 1 or 2 trims each side (or, 2 driver/1 passanger to compensate for the lean). Those coils are good for 1.5" after they settle. Each trim pk is good for about 3/8" of lift.

OMEs ride great and yes, you can use aftermarket Bilsteins with them but not OE Bils. Best matching shocks, however, are OMEs. go with SCs for mainly street use.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
XxRODERIGOxX said:
how would these compare to a Allpro or SAW coilover? Set at oh.. lets say 2 inches.
apples and oranges ;)
the OMEs will flex better off road but the coilovers will give you a firmer ride/handling on the street as well as handle bumpy roads at speed much better.
 

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
I have a set of 881's for sale
want them?
they were bought to replace my worn out SAW's, but I decided to have them rebuilt
OME 881 still in box, no trim packers or struts
email me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 Taco said:
I have a set of 881's for sale
want them?
they were bought to replace my worn out SAW's, but I decided to have them rebuilt
OME 881 still in box, no trim packers or struts
email me
email sent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hytenor said:
apples and oranges ;)
the OMEs will flex better off road but the coilovers will give you a firmer ride/handling on the street as well as handle bumpy roads at speed much better.
thanks, hopefully a mildly packed OME will ride better than my cornfed 3" with stock worn out nonTRD coils and bilstien shocks.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
XxRODERIGOxX said:
thanks, hopefully a mildly packed OME will ride better than my cornfed 3" with stock worn out nonTRD coils and bilstien shocks.
LOL, uh....yea ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
hytenor said:
to get 2" out 881s with your v6 you will need to add 1 or 2 trims each side (or, 2 driver/1 passanger to compensate for the lean). Those coils are good for 1.5" after they settle. Each trim pk is good for about 3/8" of lift.

OMEs ride great and yes, you can use aftermarket Bilsteins with them but not OE Bils. Best matching shocks, however, are OMEs. go with SCs for mainly street use.
What does the lean come from? I am going to use 881's on my FT 6", is this something I need to worry about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
02taco4x4 said:
What does the lean come from? I am going to use 881's on my FT 6", is this something I need to worry about?

the notorious Taco Lean comes from alot of added weight to driver side. Gas tank, driver, battery, etc.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
02taco4x4 said:
What does the lean come from? I am going to use 881's on my FT 6", is this something I need to worry about?
no problem that I've heard of. with that much lift I doubt you'll even notice the lean ;)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top