TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another great Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road Trip!!! :D The Eighth (8th) one in a row!!!

Nice seeing John and Mark (and their sons) as well as Mike and Bobby and their families...and glad to have Chuck and his son, and JP and Charlie and Rich and Tammi!!
Seemed like everyone....Especially the kids......had a good fun time!!! :)
I'll post more tomorrow!!!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for me...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Robert, Made it home about 9:30pm last night. Had a great time thanks again for all your effort in putting on these trips every year. Here are a few shots I thought you might enjoy.:)

Our guide

and his co pilot

Changing of the flag

Teaching class

Adding to the mailbox

what can we say...

Random shot at the lava tubes

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John....I'm glad you and Adam were able to make it this year!!! It was great seeing you and your son again....it's been a couple of years!!

I'm glad you all had a good time, and you're welcome on this trip anytime!!

Thanks for the pics.....hopefully we'll have everyones up in the next few days!!!
I have to find another photo site that isn't going to take everything down after 150000 pictures, and doesn't require me to use that stupid facebook crap!! :mad:

I'll start trying to work on downloading and editing mine tonight, if I can stay awake!!! I took the late shift at work today, so I could sleep in!!! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts

...And ended like this, with a belt that frayed and winded itself around the fan and power steering pump. This broke the pump front seal and leaked out fluid the whole way back. so unfortunately, we split at Kelbaker.

Thanks to Robert and Rich for helping save the day. We made it home safe.

A few of my favorite pics from the trip...
1. Cima

2. New York Canyon Road

3. Camp at Beale Mt.

4. Mailbox

Ok, so those are the best that I have. This was a great trip and thanks again to everyone; especially Robert. It was great to meet all of you.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool!! Glad you and your cool family made it out Friday!!! Sorry you broke.....at least I had the parts and Rich was there to help you fix it too!!! :saw::welder::saw::welder: :D

I haven't had time to download my pictures yet, but I'll have a shit load....as I always do!!!

Keep it coming guys!!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks to everyone!

To everyone on the trip, there is no way this trip would have been as good as it was without all of you. I have to say that for my first time out with NVTTORA it was one of the most memorable experiences I've had in a very long time, so thank you to everyone for making Emma and I feel right at home. I hope you all enjoy these pics as much as I am.

Thanks again everyone!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pics!! Glad you and Emma came along, and especially glad that you all had a good time!!! And Emma made some good friends along the way!!! :D
There's a reason that the Mojave National Preserve and the Mojave Road is my favorite place to go....it's beautiful, historical, and magical!!! It's just a Bitchin place to go.....and it usally doesn't hurt when you go with someone who knows it well enough to show it off and take you to places you haven't been before!! :xpimp:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Absolutely

Robert, you are absolutely right. You definitely know a lot about that place, and you did an awesome job putting the whole trip together. I can't wait to go again and see more. Emma had a blast for sure and most definitely made some great friends along the way. She's been telling everyone she sees about it. Can't wait for the next one. I'm going to try to make it down to see you tomorrow so I can get your book back to you.

Talk to you then,

Bobby

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robert, you are absolutely right. You definitely know a lot about that place, and you did an awesome job putting the whole trip together. I can't wait to go again and see more. Emma had a blast for sure and most definitely made some great friends along the way. She's been telling everyone she sees about it. Can't wait for the next one. I'm going to try to make it down to see you tomorrow so I can get your book back to you.

Talk to you then,

Bobby
Cool.....we go again in September!!! :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Had a good time and appreciate Robert putting this run together. The weather was really perfect all weekend, 77-81 degrees was average. Desert flowers were begining to bloom and the trails had little to no traffic. Everyone had comms either cb or ham or both.

Met some really nice folks with some adorable kids. Only one truck had a mechanical issue and I chalk that up to a previous Midas service that was performed on the truck. We also experienced no flat tires.

Mojave Cross is up and standing proud. Some of us even got to meet Henery who is the land owner who gave some of his property to the NPS so that they would allow the veterans group to annex Sunrise Mt. From the NPS.

Been busy all week but will try to get pics up this weekend.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Robert, thanks for the Easter trip. Evan and I had a lot of fun. I think the history lessons you gave through out trip were great and I just wanted to say thank.
To everyone else, it was great meeting you guys and I look forward to seeing you guys on the trails.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Robert, thanks for the Easter trip. Evan and I had a lot of fun. I think the history lessons you gave through out trip were great and I just wanted to say thank.
To everyone else, it was great meeting you guys and I look forward to seeing you guys on the trails.

No worries Chuck, glad you and Evan (the Stud) came along!! Your boy picked up three chicks along the way!! LOL!!! Doing it again in September, if you can swing it!

If you got any pictures, please post them up!! I still have to get the rest of mine online....:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
my034runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing