TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few Pics from our last minute Loch Lomond trip. Not really any wheeling action for those of you that have been there, but its very scenic especially the waterfall.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yea its awesome up there!! Ever hike to the upper lakes?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its awesome up there!! Ever hike to the upper lakes?
This was our first time to Loch Lomond, we wanted to keep going to the upper lakes, but I left my rig unlocked so we just made it a quick trip. Next time we'll go to the upper lakes. Its awesome how those lakes are arranged up there. I was looking on google earth to try and see them, but it was all covered in snow. I would like to get a Cottora group to go up there and we could do a bbq or something.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah, maybe our annual picnic dealie? That would be cool...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be cool, or do an early morning Empire loop run and then a mid afternoon bbq at Loch Lomond.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Looks like a great little hike. I wish I could have done that instead of felling the dead beetle pines near Como and dragging them about 200yards to the truck and the other trailer we had. I have a tree saver line from when I had my winch and it came in really handy though. I could wrap that sucker about a section of log and drag it along no problem. My parents should have enough wood now for the next 5 winters. Only now we have to cut it and split next. I could use the exercise. That part will be good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it was fun, very pretty. Now I need to hike to the other lakes. Let me know if you need a hand, if i'm available i'll help ya cut and split. I miss doing that every fall back home.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Thanks. I am trying to talk my Dad into splitting the cost on a new chain saw. The one he has is about 25 year old and the carb doesn't like to keep running for very long. I do know he just picked up a hydraulic splitter so that should make things easier. I also need to finish my OBA in his garage soon. Feel like doing a little custom install?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That would be cool, or do an early morning Empire loop run and then a mid afternoon bbq at Loch Lomond.
Good idea! Nice pics. Did you go for a swim?? :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea! Nice pics. Did you go for a swim?? :D
LOL, I tried to talk Rachel into it, but she wasn't having any of that, she was afraid she may never see certain body parts ever again if I jumped in. That water was cold.

·
Registered
724 Posts
LOL, I tried to talk Rachel into it, but she wasn't having any of that, she was afraid she may never see certain body parts ever again if I jumped in. That water was cold.
in all the years i've been up there i don't even think that the water has warmed up enough to be considered cold

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
So, dieing to ask. How were you driving the 4runner around when you didn't have a title for it? Since my brother came and picked it up from you this afternoon and said the title wasn't available. And I see plate on it in the photos, but you need a valid title for it to get plates.:confused: :doh: :slap: :wife: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
probably just used the plates from the previous owner as many people do.
Lucky didn't get pulled over. Could've been bad.

·
20,355 Posts
I have never had an issue when doing it on the trucks that i have purchased and getting pulled over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts