TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent heard of anyone going that big on an 06 yet.

A buddy of mine has a 6" fabtech on a 3" body. 4.0L. He is running 20" rims on 38" tires. He has been asking me what to do to get more power out of his rig...it has much lag.

So far, he has exhaust, headers, and an intake. He came up with that stuff on his own, but my suggestion was to regear. He told me he hasn't seen any gear packages for an 06 yet. Is this true? If not, what gears does he need to run? What brand?

Also, if gears aren't available, what other options does he have?

thanks,

brad

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Once he gets regeared you might want to tell him to upgrade his brakes too....

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Thats repulsive but at the same time at least he isnt afraid of the dirt.

He needs gears. If he think the 4.0 needs more power he needs help.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
X4 on the regear of his truck. x3 on Upgrading the brakes

I see in your signature that Your 69 Camaro is all Original with a 302 in it??? I always thought that a 302 was a FORD motor....just wondering...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No one is answering the questions. Do they make the gears? What hears should he run?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ocdropzone said:
X4 on the regear of his truck. x3 on Upgrading the brakes

I see in your signature that Your 69 Camaro is all Original with a 302 in it??? I always thought that a 302 was a FORD motor....just wondering...
Ford and Chevy both had a 302 in 1969

i'm putting together a photo bucket dealio thing so ill have some pics up soon so you can see

·
Registered
533 Posts
search you little bitch, do you think we owe you an answer?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Why does this sound like an anonymous phone call to the doctors office? LOL

-----------------------

Guy: "Hello, my friend has GhonaHerpeSiphylAids and I was just wondering what his options were"

Nurse: "Your Friend?"

Guy: "Yes, of course my friend! I would never sleep with a Puerto Rican 'woman' with a mustache and fruit basket."

Nurse: "I see... :rolleyes: "

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
Ford and Chevy both had a 302 in 1969
i'm putting together a photo bucket dealio thing so ill have some pics up soon so you can see

I was actually looking at this in the sig:
"1997 corvette ls1 ...so clean you wouldn't know if it was a 2004. Borla exhaust, headers, whole new air intake system $5000 ferarri wheels. 6 speed 13.8 quarter mile"

I had a vw bug that ran the 1/4 faster than that and the whole car didn't cost what you got in rims.

Oh, and about your friends truck. Tell him to wait for gears and upgrade the brakes as mentioned.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
I am not even 20, so i don't have the money to go 3link or something like that.

You don't have the money for a 3link, yet you eventually want a SC on a DD taco, you have a Vette and a 69 Camaro. You have $5K Ferrari rims too.......

So do mommy and daddy not love you enough, either they give you large quantities of cash or that you have to lie on the internet about shit you don't have?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
we have a 69 camaro with the 302.

and my wrx ran a low 7 in the 1/8th at 105mph. never ran the 1/4 but ran dead even with some v8s and a talon that ran mid to low 11s in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Mossyrocks said:
we have a 69 camaro with the 302.
Cool, I learned something today...never knew chevy had a 302..I googled it and found out I was wrong about being Ford only...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I could be wrong but im thinking it was only that year...

I do know when we are out in it and people ask whats in it... even chevy people, why in the hell would you put a ford motor in a camaro. and then no matter what, they dont believe us.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
69' was the only year. 69' Z-28's. DZ302..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
ryguy said:
regear! all pro has the only ones.. get 4.88 when they come in. upgrade breaks.. is this 4wd?
I doubt it, its usually just 2x4s that lift to the heavens to compensate and look like a badass. compensate for something anyways.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts