TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the truck is a 1992 4x4 extended cab 22RE.
This morning i was going about 65 coasting down a hill and it just cut off and kept on making a weird clicking noise by the ECU. The only way it would stay running is to keep my foot on the gas. I idled it up a little and its fine, but it was idling fine before this happened!
So what could be wrong if anything besides the idle with my truck?
It has done this in the past also and its pretty scary not having brakes and power steering!!
thanks alot!!!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
No that was just one possability. If you've ruled it out, it's not the only thing it could be. Just one of the easier things to check. Just be sure that you checked the battery voltage with some sort of load on it, like having the head lights on. There is whole raft of other shit that could cause it to cut out like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would start with going to your local auto parts store and have them use there handy charging system checker and go from there. Or maybe start with the cheap stuff first like the battery connection then battery, alternator, then idle speed. I don’t know if the 92 has that pressure drum for the power assist for the breaks, but that tube from your manifold/header to the drum can cause your truck to idle up and down. One last thing the thermostat can cause your idle to bog also. A lot of things are possible as mentioned above. I hope I started you in the right direction.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts