TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
91'-93' pickup lift

any one lifted a 91'-93' pick and put it on 35's if so tell me what you did and send pics please. :welder:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the kit that i'm looking at lets the CV axels stay at their current angle so i should have a problem with that i just need to know how many inches i need to make the tires fit :welder:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
4" should fit them with very minor pinchweld beating and trimming/removing the valance.

All that being said, you GREATLY increase the wear and breakage of front end components going from 33's to 35's. I would spend the money on armor and/or lockers, as both of those will make more difference in the 'wheeling capability of the truck than the lift/tires will...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
valkyrie said:
If you actually intend to use it, your relay rods and other compenents will die a swift tragic death.

Should be okay for street use.
Especially if you had the relay rod recall done. The replacement ones bend MUCH easier than the original ones (which they did to keep them from breaking, which is admittedly MUCH worse than a bent one!)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The IFS on the 86-95 is a fair amount stronger than the 95.5+ IFS... while its still IFS it does take a considerable amount to break, even CV's.... With smart wheeling it can last a long long time... I have not had one issue on mine, but dont wheel as much as I would like... but still a strong IFS...

All bracket lifts keep the CV's at OEM angles, but thats not where you will break them, its at full droop... and usually when that tire is spinning and grabs...

With a 22RE and 35's you will need xcase gears for rocks.. I have 4.88's and switching to 5.29's wouldnt be enough... so just part of the budgeting...

·
Registered
44 Posts
here is mine sorry all poser bored at home pics dont have the money to get my own personal camera to take on the trails but here it is it has a 4 inch DB lift no body and tortions i actually cranked down all the way and got it re alighned so i have plenty of room to crank em up when i want to....but i have no BL and did no trimming

sorry i have no just sitting pics and mom currently has the camera

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
1992yota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing