TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 94 toyota pick up just lying around, and i was wondering if you think it would be possible to change it from 2wd to 4wd? if so, do you think that it would be worth it? thnks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i was thinking about putting a solid axle, instead of having the independant suspension. would you happen to have a link to a tutorial on how to do this? would this be and expensive modification? how hard do you think it would be? thank you

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Sorry don't have a link. Search around in the prerunner section.

You're going to need to find a transfer case (and maybe a 4WD transmission - not sure on that one), front axle and all the suspension stuff and install it. It's a huge job, but probably not much worse than a SAS.

Cost depends on how much you can do yourself, how fancy you want to go and where you can find parts.

·
Registered
951 Posts
there are a few conversions over on pirate...use leaf springs up front, and you will be able to buy the enntire kit (basically the samme as a SAS on a 4wd truck) then find yerself an axle, tranny/xfer...easier than you would think, but not for the shadetree mechanic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts