TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can drive my 94 fine for the first 30 min, but then it starts to act up.

the problem is i push the clutch in and it will stall for no reason, i can leave the tranny in nutral and push the clutch in and it will stall.

I checked for vacuum leaks and i bleed the slave cylander.

the fluid in the slave cylinder is a brown color

but i have no clue what the problem could be, it runs fine hte first 30 min

greentaco4x4 sent me here from the corral

isaiah

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it a 22re or the v6. There is a vacuum valve that slows the motor during shifts. On the 22re it is next to the cable linkage on the throttle body. Make sure that it rests against it during idle. Not sure on the v6 where its at but it should have one. Never owned the 3.0 so I wouldn't know. But that I would imagine is your problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
94broke said:
the problem is i push the clutch in and it will stall for no reason, i can leave the tranny in nutral and push the clutch in and it will stall.
Give us a little more detail as to what it`s doing. For example, does the engine just die or is it "stalling" like when you come to a stop without shifting out of gear and pushing in the clutch? How about if you try to rev it up as you push in the clutch at the same time?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Doesnt sound like this could be your problem but check to see if your throttle body is gummed up. Clean it up with some intake cleaner and a toothbrush. I had problems with my idle (dying when I came to a stop) and this fixed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After about 15 min of driving i can stop at the stop sign, i put the tranny in nutral to come to a stop and dont even touch the clutch till i go, but if i wanted to stall i leave the tranny in nutral and push the clutch it, it starts out slow, like there is a load on the tranny like you slowly creeping away but the truck doesnt move, then the truck starts to shake, you can feel it really feel this in the clutch and the truck just shuts off as if you dropped the clutch and gave it no gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts