TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if anyones been on ebay lately but I just picked up 2 black outer door handles for 37 dollars shipped and they are located in Cali. I always see questions when people are parting out there trucks of others asking if there doorhandles are black. Just figured I'd pass alongwhat I thought was a good deal.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
a spray can is less then $ 5.00
LOL!!! I'm re-painting mine tonight as we speak!!
Over a 6 year period, I think I've wasted a least 2hrs on each spray job - X 3 now. Then they peel and look like shit for quite a while inbetween jobs....tonight I was kinda thinking - I shoulda just bought black a long time ago....LOL.....

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
friend of mine once painted his chrome bumper black.
2 days later it was bead blasted and all the shiney spots showed thru. LoL

did you sand or prep the DH surface at all ?

^ my friend didn't... :doh:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
friend of mine once painted his chrome bumper black.
2 days later it was bead blasted and all the shiney spots showed thru. LoL

did you sand or prep the DH surface at all ?

^ my friend didn't... :doh:
LOL......yea - half my truck is spray painted black. :D (I HATE chrome)
Yea - for prep I always sand down or wire wheel depending on surface - and then use some type of cleaner (brake clean, ect). For the DH's...I always sanded, and that's what I did last night as well. Then about 4 thin coats of black paint, and 2 thin coats of clear.
I've tried many different types of paint - and I'm currently testing the Rustoleum "Universal". We'll see!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Im kinda bummed out now I thought I found an awesome deal got my parts in stalled them everything went well, operation is flawless but I was millin around on the internet today looking for other random parts for my half door build and found these

http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepartment/Door/TOYOTA/TACOMA

7.14!! I paid 37 dollars shipped like i said I'm happy with the ones I got but it woulda been that much better to get them for half.....btw anyone wanna buy some chrome door handles. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts