TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 98-00 speedo gears that are in the Tech section but they are too short buy about an inch. What can I do to make the newer ones work? Does anyone have the part numbers or help w/ that? Dealers seem to be quite unhelpful. Can I use a speedo gear housing off a new year truck? If NE1 is interested in my speedo gears I bought 30, 31, and 32 teeth gears, and paid $30 for each at the dealer. Any help would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You definatly didn't need to go buy every size gear they had! Some simple algebra could have saved you a lot. I also ran into problems at the dealer telling me that I would have to do all kinds of elaborate things to get my speedo to be correct. I've got it set now, but I'm at the largest gear available. My recomendation would be to take back all the gears and look into a Dakota Digital or similar solution that will change the signal sent to the speeod and can be adjusted reguardless of tire size/gearing.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
When I changed mine (97') I had to re-use the original shaft. You have to carefully press the gear off and install the new gear on the original shaft. There is info on this board about it, that's how I knew what must be done. P.S., just be careful and take your time, mine worked out fine..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that worked great!!!! Thanks for the tip/trick! Pressing the gear off the new shaft and on the old was the way to go. Speedo Is Perfectly Timed!!! 97 taco 4x4 4.10 gear 265/70r16 = 30 tooth gear. Hopefully this helps others as well!!! Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Glad to hear it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts